Total players online: 11

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:05 pm 

Greetings EasyUO Users,

We are seeing another rise in the distribution of 'fake scripts' designed to rob users of their items. We cannot stress enough how important it is to never accept scripts from other people through any means other than directly downloading them from this site, AND only those scripts which are in the Public Script Library (PSL).

Additionally you need to be aware that even scripts in the PSL can do things you might not want such as closing your favorite gumps or handling your items in a way you did not expect. Please take care when running ANY script for the first time. Whenever possible run them from a safe location (like your house) to be sure they work the way you expect before you use them in the wild. It benefits you to learn and understand the EasyUO language so that you have the tools needed to debug the scripts you use and (when needed) spot code which could cause you grief.

It is also important to note that the EasyUO language cannot get your account's password. Scripts can be written to do a lot of things, but the only way someone can get your password is if you give it to them (which you should never do). This goes for all shards, not just those you pay for. No staff member of any shard should ever require you to give up your password. EA/OSI has stated that they will never ask for your password and the same goes for freeshards. RunUO admins have access to the accounts database file and should never need you to give them your password.

Please be safe, be smart, and be careful!

Thank you.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:46 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
I don't know a lot about hacking, as i am lucky in the sence i dont trust anybody so always check everything 3 times and the one time somebody did send me a script i found the offending code hidden. They had written the code in white letters so the only way you could see it was by highlighting the whole script and the code was there. I am quite sure there are probably a lot more ways to hide malicius code but thats the way i found it.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Nel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:49 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
It's a fact- you cannot trust anyone you don't know. A long time friend of mine recently lost hundreds of dollars worth of gear from his account after being hacked. I know for a fact that he ran a lot of cheats, speed hacks and such ("because everybody does it"), and most hacker sites are loaded with all kinds of nasty ways to get you- STAY AWAY from them, and follow the simple guidelines for making your machine and your accounts more secure, and you should be fine. Run only scripts that you know have been scrubbed by someone who knows how to do a good scrub- otherwise, if it seems too good to be true- well, you know the deal.

mars88
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:28 am 
:) ey

UO2007
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:29 pm 
**Writes script**

IF
%_yourgold

THEN
%_mybackpack

END

:lol:
LOL

SirPogo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:50 am 
A friend of mine that downloaded something he said he got from here called item id finder v1.6.. which was supposed to be a armor suit creator.. made his screen go black and dropped his armor and arties on the ground.. orny and everything

Would someone pls be able to look into that for me.. I tried to do a search for item id finder v1.6 and it came up with 697 results

I at least want to know that if its here that it is removed + I do know that he should only be running approved scripts(which is what I do)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. We had an Arty-dropper here for around 1-2 hours till seg identified the script as what it was.

Unfortunately he removed the script, so i cant give further informations...
Facts:
- Poster was SweddishFish11 (Fully banned now)
- The thread had NO posts answering his initial post. So it is in fact a "Be sure what you run!"-Situation: Nobody confirmed the content of the script.
- It was postet at Sun Apr 13, 2008 0:47 under the name "Item Id Finder V1.60"
- The thread lies now in the depths of moderators hideout.

The mods here are normally insanely fast in finding such culprits. But if you stumble upon a script from someone who made only 1 post (the script) and noone of knowledge confirmed the content of the script, it is up to you (for your own safety!) to read through the code and find out what it does... A script to drop stuff needs at least exevent DropG or Clicks... This may be an indication something fishy is going on... At least for such a simple thing like an item ID finder which shuldnt take more than a few lines:

1.         {
  2.         set #LTargetID NULL
  3.         Display ok Please target the item you want to investigate. Press ESC to abort script
  4.         set #TargCurs 1
  5.         target
  6.         while #LTargetID = NULL
  7.                 {
  8.                 Onhotkey ESC
  9.                         stop
  10.                 wait 1
  11.                 }
  12.         Finditem #LTargetID
  13.         display OK ID = #FindID $Type = #FindType $Location = X #FindX / Y #FindY / Z #FindZ $Rep = #FindRep $Property =$ #Property
  14.         }
;)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:29 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
My password and account were accessed by my email. They got the password to my email through the security questions and my internet providers website, (comcast at the time). And with my email, EA sent them all of my accounts and passwords attached to said Email. Honestly from my own experience as far as keeping your accounts safe is use a email that you only use for the accounts. Also don't have any personal information attached to the email account. ( =

And yeah following the herd on here and wait till others try scripts seems like sound advice as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:43 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Wrong and too easy "security" questions in your eMail then. "Whats your mothers maiden-name?" is NOT considered a secure question. Normally i only use services where i can define the question myself.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
This is true.

BUT.... you can trust me.....

I promise you that if you give me all your gold I will make it disappear. Anyone think I can't? give me all your gold and I will prove to you I can. LOL.

Just kidding. NEVER give me your gold. I have a habit of NOT giving it back. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like russel got some connections to the "bank of Nikolay"... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8XMlL8rqY
Ah... refreshing!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Nice Orngrimm, I especially like the federal reserve building at the beginning, very fitting. How many Canadians (or Americans for the matter)can recolonize that building at a glance?