Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quest Gump not delected
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
I decide to go back to heartwood to get a few talisman by doing the quest. I notice that when I double click the quester to receive the quest, the container Info under Easy UO doesn't get update with the new open gump. The information remain on the NPC instead.

For now the gump open in the same location and I can force the click to focus on the quest gump, but it not 100% safe. How can i have the window to focus on the quest gump.?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
You could invoke a temporary ignore of unwanted gumps. The standard list of ignored gumps are taken from here: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51112&p=421011&hilit=ignore+gump#p421011
which are:
Cheffe wrote:
Currently, the following ContNames are ignored:
BARK_GUMP DAMAGENUMBERS_GUMP DUMB_GUMP GAMEAREAEDGEGUMP MAP_GUMP MENUBAR MISSILE_GUMP NEW_ITEM_PROP_GUMP RETICLE_GUMP TARGET_GUMP UNICODE_BARK_GUMP

These can be maintained by your script using the ignorecont command. See this URL for syntax: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51112&hilit=ignoregump&start=75#p420202

So I would invoke code around the event macro 17 on the NPC to remove the paperdoll.

1. ignorecont paperdoll_gump
  2. ; set #lobjectid to the NPC vendor's ID you want to get the quest from
  3. ; Event macro 17
  4. gosub resetgumps
  6. sub resetgumps
  7. ingorecont reset
  8. ignorecont BARK_GUMP DAMAGENUMBERS_GUMP DUMB_GUMP GAMEAREAEDGEGUMP MAP_GUMP MENUBAR MISSILE_GUMP NEW_ITEM_PROP_GUMP RETICLE_GUMP TARGET_GUMP UNICODE_BARK_GUMP

That get's rid of the paperdoll_gump having focus after the selection. If I had a script dedicated to constantly do the quests, I might ignore the paperdoll and restore it at the end of the script rather than on each pass. If you need the paperdoll gump during the running of the script, then the logic would have to be wrapped around the quest retrieval step on the NPC, of course.

Leaving the paperdoll gump out of the findable gumps would break another script - so I would want to make sure it gets reset. That would leave me inclined to do the "gosub resetgumps" action soon after I wanted to ignore the other gump.

There is also a "normal_gump" with a #contsize = 2_2 that shows up. I would be inclined to ignore it's #contkind when it shows up in other scripts, but that is distracting from your original question... :-D

Gaderian

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:56 am 
Developer
Developer

There is a command to move a container to the top. I'm sure it's included in OpenEUO and it may also be supported in EasyUO. Try: event conttop {index}

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
Easyuo 1.6.0.334
UO Client 7.0.76.0

I tried a search for conttop and found some info stating it exists for Easyuo (along with the OpenEUO references), but no further information about how to use it.

I tried a simple for loop with an "event conttop [#contid]" statement that I looked up when opening some gumps (my backpack and a book), and it cycles through some of my gumps.

1. for %i 1 3
  2.  {
  3.  event conttop %i
  4.  wait 20
  5.  }

When this script completes, the UO Client.exe becomes unresponsive and I am given a choice to wait for it or close it.

I made certain I had at least 3 gumps open (well there was more like maybe 10-15), but is there a way to know how many gumps there are to cycle through? How do I know the limit?

Thanks,

Gaderian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:50 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
I will need to play with this option,

The way Gaderian suggest work only get the quest but not that great to accept gift bag. I need to find a way to get the quest gump to be on top