Shard is currently offline.

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
euo718 wrote:
Quote:
However, to answer your comment more directly: There is now. I'm pretty sure that was what Cheffe intended. As a programmer, I hate when I spend weeks or even months writing a tool only to make people's lives better only to see it go unused.

Maybe if he had asked for help rather than try to force us into it, I would have been willing. I'm not now.

Definetly is a power play. If your tired of it don't do it anymore. I also see no reason to start over when no one complains about EOU (then again its not allowed, is it). It's a game that should of ended 3 years ago and it's really really silly to start reprogramming a 3rd party program, what's the point??? I'll play regardless if I can use EOU, but I have really don't have the time to work 10 hours and then come home and try to learn a new script program language. And the people calling the people who don't like it "leeches" well I know alot of you and it must be nice to have 24/7 time to play UO and lean openuo, while we work, you know who u are. You want us to (donate) to continue EUO use thats fine, I'd be more than happy to make a regular donation, but I'm not waiting for a "maybe" emulator to come out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Seinken wrote:
2 years advanced notice is premature? :/

So no emulator in 2 years and now it'll be out 4 or 5 days? If you belive that, then EUO could be updated in 1 day then emualtor can be out in 5 days and THEN thats the end of EUO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Cheffe wrote:
Yeah, we know. There are no variables. This is useless. Can't you just continue using the old EUO1.5 and come back later when OpenEUO is finished? I don't really feel like giving any newbie support at this point.

This was posted 10/10/10 here is the url to the posthttp://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44731

So is OEUO useless or what? just 3 days ago you said this. I all for using OEUO. I just want to be clear.

Is it going to work?

I know that you spent the last two years or so building this. I just want to make sure before I start supporting this that it will work.

I am sorry if my earlier post was harsh. I just came back to UO after a 6 year break a few months ago and I just started using EUO last week. It was working great then the patch and I was miffed that I couldn't finish leveling up a few toons.

I look forward to creating a few scripts for this I hope that it works as well as stated.

Thanks,

Chrisk1152

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
MysticLlama wrote:
euo718 wrote:
Quote:
Why is everyone acting as if the world is about to end? If you don't like it then go away and come back in a month and the diligent people on this board will have put it all together for you as they have done in the past. I'm just unwilling to trod on all by myself. So yeah, my decision may cost you a month without EUO. If we're fast it may be ready in two weeks, too. So why all the opposition? We all know what's required. We'll get there.

Hmm this is completely the opposite of what you're trying to accomplish with this little power play of yours. In the end, you're just trying to punish people who are not helping with OEUO because you feel betrayed. OEUO will be finished regardless of whether you update EUO or not. I'm not acting like the world is going to end because EUO is not my world. Just a little program I enjoyed using and had some fun with that I can no longer use because the developer is angry. :x

You obnoxious little heathen, you contribute nothing to this game, the community in general, and EUO specifically and have the audacity to sit here and try and pick apart the guys post who made your meaningless playtime more worthwhile.

You people lose what? The ability to tend to your plants for a week? The ability to train cartography for a week? Collect BODs? Farm gold/items ? Stoppppppp complaining, and help the guy out who's made everything possible.

Clearly, as he stated OEUO, a more functional, more robust option to EUO 1.5 was not going to get the attention it needed if he didn't force the leechers to adapt. And that's not to say everyone who can't script is leeching, not in the least. But there is a certain mindset amongst THE OFFENDED that Cheffe has wronged you by trying to push you up the evolutionary tree.

Be patient, and listen to what the guy says : Doing EUO is alot of work, he could use some help in making OEUO the fantastic program it can be. If you have the time and ability to contribute, please do.

Great creators often feel the need to destroy there creation for some reason.
EUO is fine the way it is, your just to scared to disagree with him and be stuck with nothing. And no, he owes no one nothing, but you sound like your offended that so many people are willing to move on with nothing, and leave you alone with your little group of 10.
Lllama as vehemently as you defend his decision, I'm betting it's the only thing you REALLY have to contribute to the OPEN project.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:36 pm 
This user has been...

Groups:
Quote:
Great creators often feel the need to destroy there creation for some reason.
EUO is fine the way it is, your just to scared to disagree with him and be stuck with nothing. And no, he owes no one nothing, but you sound like your offended that so many people are willing to move on with nothing, and leave you alone with your little group of 10.
Lllama as vehemently as you defend his decision, I'm betting it's the only thing you REALLY have to contribute to the OPEN project.

Yes, I am thinking of nominating Cheffe as a top 10 cult leader of 2010...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:44 pm 

Enough people. That last post was way over the line and the poster got what he's been begging for all day.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:03 pm 
Developer
Developer

I'm just surprised at the viciousness. And the distrust. You'd have to think I'm completely incompetent judging from these posts.

A tool such as OpenEUO needs time to be built. You can't start writing an emulator when half the features are missing. I've been out of the loop about UO matters. I didn't know about the expansion but the patch simply decided matters.

Btw: It's nice to see that post from Oct 10 quoted back at me now. It makes a wonderful argument for you in the discussion. In fact, that was the first time in two years I told someone to go away and not to use OpenEUO simply because it was obvious any explanation on my part was a waste of my time. There are 15 other people who had months of preparation and I wasn't going to explain it all to that guy so the simplest thing was to tell him to give up.

OpenEUO is still not ready for the masses. So it's time to make it ready. For that I need help. I won't get that help while EUO 1.5 is up and running so... easy decision.

Artists who destroy their work do it out of completely different reasons. I'm not ashamed of EUO 1.5. It simply needs to make room.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:03 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Glad to see you go. Counterproductive, Angry, Not a member of our community.

Thank you mods.

Axia

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 pm 
Developer
Developer

That doesn't mean I won't tolerate opposition. You can still speak your mind or disagree. I will respond as well as I can.

However, I am determined to see this through. What problems there are can be solved. I am sorry that I have had to create this situation deliberately, but you do not know yet how it will turn out. You just think of the worst possible scenario with nothing working, everything having to be rewritten. That is not the case.

@ the guy with the many accounts: I'm sorry if the delay will cost you money. I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Meanwhile try to get accustomed to the situation. There are a lot of good people on these boards who will rise to the challange. Things just need to work themselves out. After some adjustment things should be like before.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:35 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Quote:
That doesn't mean I won't tolerate opposition. You can still speak your mind or disagree. I will respond as well as I can.

Apparently not.

Comment by Cheffe: I didn't ban you nor did I ask for Garath to do it. It's up to our mods to decide when to take steps. I'd warn you to let it be however. Garath can also do IP and IP range bans. But that's really childish and not needed at this point.

Comment by Garath: Cheffe has given you more leeway than I, obviously. I won't IP ban you at this point but I will give your "new" account a yellow card to remind the rest of the mods of your previous behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:39 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
I love EUO and will come back when the new version is ready, however, in the meantime, can someone point me to another scripting program that works?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
I have spent some more time with this and speaking with some coders and yes some stuff is missing but holy crap, hope that is okay, the extra power for coders is insane.

An example is how it can locate gumps and pixel scans anywhere on the screen and you dont have to tiptoe around and try not to move them.

It can find any container open on screen without having to last object over and over too.

The biggest problem is that you just took the crack away from crackheads and I am one of them. I was waiting for it to be getting a green light from you to start trying to convert my code etc. When I read the message, my heart sank. I was working hard to keep updates etc to codes in hopes to one day learn how to convert which will still happen.

I am not a programmer so I am unsure of how I can actually help you develop stuff. I can test code like crazy and give feedback but develop the actual program, well the easier 1.5 language for scripts took me months and months to learn during a summer and into the school year when I had the time to do it in my life.

I will lend support however I can and am excited to see the future. I hope there enough programmers here that can support or provide helpful info to complete the rest of the framework. I cannot even fathom the work load. it certainly isnt like a looter or an honor attack script. You have kept me in uo for the last four years. Writing scripts and watching the characters complete tasks has been so entertaining. I hope to be back at it soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Cheffe wrote:
I'm just surprised at the viciousness. And the distrust.

I really don't understand why. You've basically given the finger to 90% of your user base. Yeah I get the fact that you don't owe anyone anything, but the fact remains that you have just pissed away 100s if not 1000s of other peoples work hours that they've put into their own scripts that they may or may not have shared. If an emulator comes out that will mitigate it. But who here thinks there will be a stable emulator around the corner? I mean really? I'll believe it when I see it.

EUO may not have been cutting edge, but it was pretty stable and easy for non-programmers to wrap their head around. If OpenEUO was all that and a bag of chips, it wouldn't be necessary for you to force everyone to convert at gun point now would it?

What happens next time you decide everyone needs to move forward to the next great iteration that isn't fully functional? Are we going to have to go through this goat rodeo yet again?

But hey, we're just a bunch of frackin' leeches anyway right? And you're surprised that there are a bunch of people that are pissed off? I find that very difficult to believe.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next