Total players online: 12

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:50 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
sure thing, paypal works aswell. and btw i did use that before. but i became a big flattr fan, i just like the idea of micro-sponsoring things i like on the net, and it's really easy to use. Plus basically i'd like to help making cheffe a rich man instead of supporting a freeshard i don't play on ;)

danke trotzdem, gute info ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Nur als Info:
Wir haben in der Vergangenheit schon mehrmals versucht, cheffe dazu zu bringen, Geld anzunehmen.
Er hat bisher jedes mal strikte abgelehnt und stattdessen gesagt, man soll diesen Betrag doch an Alexandria spenden.

;)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I haven't been active since 2005.
It took me 2 hours to adapt an EUO script to OEUO.
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=366182&highlight=#366182
Just because i was curious.
Without prior knowledge of Lua and just simply putting effort into reading the available documentation.
So stop your QQ buncha sally's.

Like i always said to scriptfellow.. "Ban them all, damn leeches!"

See you in 2015!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:57 pm 

Cheffe wrote:
So despite what I said yesterday I will update it for one last month to clear the air and simply hope it won't all go down the drain a second time.

All in all I must say I find this really really sad. A sad day when a developer must drag users kicking and screaming to the next version. I'm sure we can all agree on that, if for different reasons.

Cheffe - Can we now get a statement from you giving the final closure of EUO? This thread was started on the 15th and its now the 19th and there was no patch this week. I for one would love to see EUO finally put to rest without the drama of having had a patch just happen and everyone clamoring for support. You got my vote for making today THE day.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:14 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Perhaps someone else has made this suggestion and if so, I would like to join the poster in support of a PayPal system for script use. As I see it, the whole idea behind script writing is to either use it yourself or put it out there for others to use and test. In my world, time is money. Writing usable scripts take time and those writing them should be paid.

I would definitely support either a pay-per-script system or an annual membership. Just my two-cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:06 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
well im not a script writer im just one of the guys tht comes home to play for a bit b4 bed and allwase loved the easy training of your stuff sorry that things have truned this way for you but i do realy apreacait the program adn i wish you the best

Lady Brigindo
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:04 pm 
I am not a scriptor but a user for about six years. Im a old woman that was shown the game and then this site by another player. If it wasnt for your program and the scriptors my carpol tunnal would be much worse, and I have continued to play due to your awesome work. Thank you AND your scriptors. I hope and yes even pray you keep it updated for us users. Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:12 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
I know I'm pretty late to the party here but I have to throw in my support for the New project.

I've come and gone form UO many times and most of those were to learn scripting in a more interesting way. That said LUA is a great language and way more useful in the everyday world so for me being forced to changed is just a bonus. I will admit I'm lazy at times but I always make a point of tweaking scripts to my own tastes.

Someone said there aren't scripts available and they are right but that is because as Cheffe said people are sticking with the status quo rather than making the move. This is just one more reason to force the move.

In the end if the fact that for a few months you will need to pay a bit more attention to the GAME and do a few boring bits so be it in the end it's for the better of the community. EASYUO scripts didn't do nearly 1/4 of the things the wonder kids make it do now back in the day but that didn't stop me from enjoying the GAME.

On a side note if someone has some good advice on how to start a project/script from scratch I'd love to hear it since thats my biggest hurdle :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 am 

Well Cheffe just posted a new EUOX again despite saying he would end support for it a month ago. So the lazy folks have been thrown another bone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
Garath wrote:
Well Cheffe just posted a new EUOX again despite saying he would end support for it a month ago. So the lazy folks have been thrown another bone.

Perhaps this has a little to do with it?

[XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%

Personally, I very much appreciate the effort and applaud the effort. Once the new project has legs, and can be used as a full replacement I can see a total transition.

Meantime, it's nice to know that the community will be taken care of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Well put, DosX

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
I have been an EUO user for quite a long time. and without thinking just download and use and never rate. I didnt realize what i was doing at the time, but now i see how much effort you guys put into this. And for that i say, as long over due and possibly too late as it may be.... THank you Very much for EVERYTHING. and Also... . I would LOVE to become a Scripter, but i have no knowledge of spricting WHATSOEVER. SO maybe some help in learning, then maybe I could help with the progress and become something more than just a "leecher" Again I am sorry for not giving you guys the appreciation you all deserve. THANK YOU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:28 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
You shouldn't care about what leeches and other people think. Everything you've done for EUO you've done for free and with no intent of getting profit from it. You have no obligations to anyone here - well maybe you have some moral obligation to veterans who have also commited alot of their time to this site during the years, but as far as I can tell they don't seem to be standing in the way.

But other than that you should do what you wanna do. Whatever you decide to do, it's all extra for everyone and no one is in a place to bitch about it. If they wanna cling to EUO and don't like OpenEUO, it's their problem, not yours.

Look at EUO as a pool on your backyard...you allow your neighbours to come swim there everyday. One day you decide to turn the pool in to a tennis court, and neighbours start whining they like the pool better. It's the neighbours problem if they started to took the pool for granted, not yours.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Garath wrote:

How do you not understand that discontinuing EUO will only drop the majority of people that visit this site? Just because some people aren't computer savvy doesn't make them lazy. And further, most of the time when people ask for help on these forums they are simply berated and talked down to because they don't know how to script. Believe it or not, some people actually want to script with the end goal being playing UO, which I believe was the original purpose of this program. Seems to me like you guys want to script just for the sake of scripting. If you want hard core programming, then go write programs with some real-world applications. OEUO is NOT the same caliber as EUO. It's not as straightforward and easy to adapt to as you would make people believe. Sometimes simplicity is better than complexity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:45 am 
Elder Scripter
Elder Scripter

All of you people complaining about the transition over to OEUO, do you not realize that OEUO is going to have an EUO emulator? Every script that is published will work just fine and if you want to continue scripting in a restricted and obsolete language then you can. Then you can take your sweet time learning LUA instead of feeling like you are being forced to learn it. So stop *****ing.

Freeshard Eval | Freeshard Snooping | AutoArmorEquip

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next