Total players online: 6

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:28 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

try to help when if i can. Sometimes I avoid helping on huge complicated script because:
1. I work on my own script and I don't stop until my head start spinning and I dunno if I'm coming or going with my own script... ie I sometimes even don't remember some of the lines that I added or lack of.
2. don wanna be too critical when a program has too many mistakes that a headache compounded added to number 1.
3. not an expert on easyuo that helping would cause more confusion, I even confuse myself.
4. this new computer with windows 7 locks up on a program that I use a windows emulator on top of this window (emulator tend to slow down but better than locking up)
5. [insert your own excuse for me]

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:00 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
soulofblackfire wrote:
All of you people complaining about the transition over to OEUO, do you not realize that OEUO is going to have an EUO emulator?

In what decade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm 
Elder Scripter
Elder Scripter

Does it matter? Cheffe said that he wasnt going to phase out EUOX until there is a working emulator. He doesnt want to let all of the hard work that all of the scripters die out and go to waste.

Freeshard Eval | Freeshard Snooping | AutoArmorEquip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:41 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I have been here for many years. I'm a scripter. I thank you (Cheffe) everytime i need to do something in UO, that otherwise would cause me a carpal tunnel syndrome.
Before getting familiar with EUO, i didn't know, how to code. I did know basics, but i didn't actually code anything. EUO kickstarted my hobby and now, im studying programming in University of applyed sciences and i still enjoy EUO scripting.
When i first heard, that theres going to be new version of EUO, that would really change everything, i was excited. But.. I wasnt playing UO. Therefor i did not script at the time. I didnt post here, to let you know, that this new tool, this has changed my scripts ^2. The speed, the language.. As a programmer, i can understand the amount of the work you have done.

Now that i activated my OSI accounts, i have started to script again and i do it with OpenEUO. I have converted lots of stuff to Lua and im building somekind of Rapid development library, that will work as an example for new scripters and as a development platform for me and other scripters.
Im quite sure, that there are lots of scripters like me, that code, but have not yet released anything or like me, dont post much on the boards anymore, but the point is, we-are-here.

I dont know what's the point of this post btw.

What im thinking now and im bit worried about it too, is the future of OpenEUO. I see everyday, at the front page, the
timeline, witch have been static since the day it was posted. Future of OEUO?

Thou, wont matter. I enjoy years, for your work, for every new hook and command you patch for us.
Thank you.

Im here today, tomorrow and i won't leave before you!

€0.2

PS: I can't even remember the start of this post, so i guess i cant be hold responsible for it then? Non compos mentis..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

una wrote:
€0.2
Did the euro drop THIS much? my 2 cents in swiss francs are more or less 1/10 of yours... :D

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:31 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Orngrimm wrote:
una wrote:
€0.2
Did the euro drop THIS much? my 2 cents in swiss francs are more or less 1/10 of yours... :D

Haha, it's the depression.. all those EURO loans

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Having not been active in the community for years, I just think I'd give my thoughts anyway.

Moving forwards is always the answer, it leads to better things, more refined tools and a better environment for the scripters, so I think it's the best course of action.

:D

You\\\'re not the contents of your wallet.
You\\\'re not your freakin\\\' UO character.
Lexia banner by Janus
ScriptFellow\\\'s Script Library
Travel cheap in Europe.
[sfoneliner]
EUO Member since: May 30, 2001

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hey hey! Looks who found his way back to the boards! :)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:52 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Greetings, I haven't been active for a long time also. Just thought I'd post, good luck Cheffe. I'd have to re-learn EUO to do anything now, so might as well be OEUO and lua, if I get time to play a little UO. All your efforts over the years much appreciated!

Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library

Post subject: Welcome back!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:45 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
Roadkill wrote:
Greetings, I haven't been active for a long time also. Just thought I'd post, good luck Cheffe. I'd have to re-learn EUO to do anything now, so might as well be OEUO and lua, if I get time to play a little UO. All your efforts over the years much appreciated!

Welcome back!!

--Traegon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:33 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
I didn´t read all of your posts, but its an rly interesting story what Cheffe told us. I think we havn´t the right to say "Do this or *****".
I like easyuo (the simplify of it) but i think openuo could be allmighty if you understand how to use it. Thumbs up!! Hope we see a good Development in Future and you still doing your best as you did in the past :)

I never released a Code on this Board since i use easyuo, but some of the Community may know me from a few Freeshards and my usage of easyuo.
I currently starting in openuo (while i learning C# and Java for Business\Traineeship) and think if you all read the whole posts in the openuo threads you should be able to understand how to :)

PS: Cheffe iam glad you released your "idea" for public using!

(Sorry for my bad English iam from Germany ;-))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
I also cannot wait for the new OpenUO. I'm loving the idea of using a GUI interface with access to ALL of the UO clients open instead of just one at a time!

Learning a new language is hardly a problem... It'll look good on my resume anyways.

ps. I tried the current OpenUO, but without a "swap to next client" option, I find myself unable to use the tool successfully. perhaps a mini update could be posted soon! ;D

While I can't help write the interface, I'll offer my suggestions and ideas where it helps.

GL cheffe,
- SHAMBAMPOW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Patriot wrote:
I also cannot wait for the new OpenUO. I'm loving the idea of using a GUI interface with access to ALL of the UO clients open instead of just one at a time!

Learning a new language is hardly a problem... It'll look good on my resume anyways.

ps. I tried the current OpenUO, but without a "swap to next client" option, I find myself unable to use the tool successfully. perhaps a mini update could be posted soon! ;D

While I can't help write the interface, I'll offer my suggestions and ideas where it helps.

GL cheffe,
- SHAMBAMPOW

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:14 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
thanks for a great program i cant wait to play with the next one
even though i am a hated leech i do so love reading the boards and playing with the scripts
thanks again to all of you that make my game time fun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:40 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
I have just started to learn and understand a script so i am sorry , i use a script very very rarely because i did not have a clue but now i have started to learn , perhaps too late but thank you so much for everything
:o :( :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next