Total players online: 6

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I think we should have a small tutorial on backing up your client version so that should you in case update to a non-essential patch and lose your ability to run scripts, you can always restore the old client version.

From my understanding, you copy Client.exe inside your UO directory, and you paste it as a copy so, Client (Copy).exe should be there.

Then, when you don't pay attention during updating and lose your ability to macro, go back and restore it by making the new one Client (New).exe, and your old one Client.exe.

Problem solved. It's really a simple solution that requires 3 minutes of work on your part.

Last edited by kaliofls on Mon May 14, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:57 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Also you don't really need to rename the working client to uo.exe. In fact you could use easy uo to open the old client, as I do, and macro on a secondary client.

I suppose with people using UO assist they would want to rename their clients, no biggie on my end.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
This is why it is important to keep a copy of ur UO folder in your program file. so if you patch u can revert quick or if u need to reformat ur drive, u are back playing in 4 min :) Only the hard core player insure they are never caught their pant down, the rest wait to get the new version, complaining they can't use EUOX. All the information are bury somewhere in the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Just back up client.exe
I normally create a ZIP-file of it with rightclick --> Send to zip compressed folder

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Might be worth posting this as a sticky etc, noobs like myself have been caught out by this recent patch and unfortunately my computer doesnt have a backup of the older file.

I am busy checking friends installs and backups from a while back to see if I can roll back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

*Added glue*

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
stalk512 wrote:
I suppose with people using UO assist they would want to rename their clients, no biggie on my end.

What do you mean by "rename"? Which exe should be renamed and to what name? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Always save one renamed at anything.

Okay, let's say we have a working UO client that OEUO or EUOX.
Copy/Paste Client.exe. It should paste as Client (Copy).exe You can leave it like that.

If you don't have UO assisst/razoer... You can just double click that file and it will run normally.

IF EA updates, and you update your client and find that you can't use OEUO or EUOX, then just start using your Client (Copy).exe file to launch UO. It won't be the updated version.

IF you use UO assist, you'll have to rename Client (Copy).exe to Client.exe. There will alreeady be a Client.exe file though, so you'll have to delete it or change the name.

Then start UO using UO assist/razor, but make sure it doesn't update!!!

Last edited by kaliofls on Mon May 14, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
thank you indeed - but isn't uoassist now forcibly starting the patcher - and all in forced admin mode - and isn't that patcher md5-checking uo.exe and client.exe and patching them if outdated?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I don't know how UO assist works anymore because I don't use it.

I know with Razor you can choose to bypass the patch servers and if you launch UO directly, you can press "cancel" during the patch download and it will execute the client still.

Not all patches are essential to connect and play with OSI. You just loose out on the new feature the client update was giving you (Or still have current bugs, or whatever).

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Just to be clear, the file you need to keep a copy of is "client.exe". Once UO and EUO are up to date, I just make a copy of this file so I can maintain scripting goodness when a non-forced patch occurs.

I run this directly instead of UO.exe to avoid the patching process. Since I don't use UOA any longer, this method works flawlessly.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Miffy wrote:
Just to be clear, the file you need to keep a copy of is "client.exe". Once UO and EUO are up to date, I just make a copy of this file so I can maintain scripting goodness when a non-forced patch occurs.

I run this directly instead of UO.exe to avoid the patching process. Since I don't use UOA any longer, this method works flawlessly.

Miffy, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't check, I was going off memory (I just started playing hybrid again, so I didn't have to monkey with the client stuff)

I actually was about to say you might as well just run the client by default. If it ever doesn't let you log in because the client is to old, then you'll have to update. Otherwise update after euox/oeuo update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:11 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
I got the last working client back from a Windows 7 shadow copy. EasyUO works with that - ok. Starting UOAssist creates a mess, though: The patcher cannot start the game, I get error messages. Seems like it wants to patch the game but fails. Changing back the client.exe - files I can use UOAssist again, but of course EasyUO now fails.

So we now can have either, but not both. Bad luck.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:26 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

well, use UO assist when you play, use the client when you script.
I don't think it's that bad of a situation for now. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:58 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
kaliofls wrote:
well, use UO assist when you play, use the client when you script.
I don't think it's that bad of a situation for now. :)

Well it's just what I said - bad luck. I don't use unattended script, scripts mean an aid while playing for me - plus UOAssist. Less click-click-click-click, especially for the easy, boring tasks. Of course we can all cope, it's just a game - I mean most of us don't live off the game. I don't. And if something about EasyUO doesn't work, well, that's bad luck.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next