Total players online: 7

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
^sigh^ - I should have read this thread before...

./
Accidently Updated because I didnt know what I was doing..
I guess thats the prob being away from UO for 7+ years - so much has changed ^^
Guess Ill wait for Euo Update

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 am 
Administrator
Administrator

euo IS up to date...

... or is 7.0.25.6 not the newest anymore (again)?

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
er was a patch today - (well for me coz I was running UOA first)
7.0.25.7 is current

Im trying to download ML from fileplanet though - to see if I can fix it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

OK now: Since other people think it is explained too complicated, ill try and give a simple version... or versions.
  • FULL Backup
    You locate where you have installed UO and compress the COMPLETE folder to a ZIP-File. Just right-click on the folder and use "Send to..." & "ZIP compressed folder".
    Now you have a COMPLETE backup of the UO-Folder. If something goes south, just get your old files back from the ZIP-file.
    This method works for EVERY patch and update EA can throw at you.
  • Client ONLY backup
    You locate the folder where you installed UO and enter it. Now locate client.exe, rightclick it and use "Send to..." & "ZIP compressed folder".
    Now if your client gets patched, you can revert the client.exe back to its backed up state.
    This method ONLY works if only the client gets updated and does NOT work if the other files gets updated (Like the last change of the MUL-Files).

I hope, this explains it as simple as possible...

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Thanks Orngrimm.

So to ask a quick question - by me downloading the old ML UO client from fileplanet - will the client.exe be usable by EUO

Also - will it be necessary for me to patch up the old client a bit (before I cancel it)

Or should I wait for a EUO update and then backup?

Forgive the ignorance - (you used to be able to disable patching in UOA) - I guess I should have checked

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:41 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
The newest version should now be 7.0.25.7 and latest EUO doesn't work on this version.

Doesn't anyone have version 7.0.25.6 that can share with me? I just formatted my computer and have to re-install UO again so I got 7.0.25.7 and I don't have a backup 7.0.25.6. Thanks all!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Anyone know where to download old client versions?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah: Simply install UO anew and stop patching with the version you want. Or are we talking 1.xx-Versions here??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:31 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Which Windows version do you run? If one of the more current, Previous Versions feature may be active, so by right clicking a file or folder, selecting Properties and clicking the Previous Versions tab you can restore the previous version of it. (Don't forget to make a copy of the file, which you wish to replace with the previous one.)
Greetings
TaskForce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

is there anyway for a newb just starting to gain access to an older client version in order to use easy uo? I'm assuming this is why I can't run any scripts, that the current euo build doesn't support the current client version. I have no tolerance for training craft skills click by click, I hope I can figure something out.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:37 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I think the version is current, I can't double check at the moment though. Are you running as admin?

Either way, EUO doesn't save copies of old clients, you'll have to back up the old clients yourself for the future

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:22 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Know whats easier than backing up? not running uo auto patch... instead delete all shortcuts to uo that were created during install and instead replace with shortcut directly to client... been doing it for years... when there is a required update to play it simply wont let you log in to uo thus you must patch to play then u run auto patch from uo folder on hard drive been doing it for years never lets me down never have to worry about backing up client opens without updater simply done

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

antbeck wrote:
Know whats easier than backing up? not running uo auto patch... instead delete all shortcuts to uo that were created during install and instead replace with shortcut directly to client... been doing it for years... when there is a required update to play it simply wont let you log in to uo thus you must patch to play then u run auto patch from uo folder on hard drive been doing it for years never lets me down never have to worry about backing up client opens without updater simply done

+1

This is how I roll... plus I have it installed on multiple machines so if I do load through UOA or something and get patched I have a backup client on another machine..

“Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?”
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

You can also load up uoassist with a patched client, then load up another older client, so you have the best of both worlds. Use your patched client with uoassist, and run scripts on multiple other accounts at the same time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Old client is not working after last update. any solutions?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next