Total players online: 11

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: EasyUO 1.5.1 Beta Builds
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:17 pm 
Developer
Developer

I will release a couple of new builds in the coming days and weeks containing code cleanups and consolidation. Hopefully, that will lay the groundwork for some new development.

It would be nice if some of you could download the beta versions posted in this thread and run your favorite scripts in them for a few minutes to verify that everything still runs smoothly. I haven't played UO in years so my own testing is not very reliable. It would really help me if you could report back here whatever you find in a few words.

I don't expect any trouble so you shouldn't lose any time at all. The official version will remain as is, so in case something does go awry you can always revert to that.

Here's the link:
http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/euo250.zip

Cheers
Cheffe

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject: Re: Build 249
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:51 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

DEVELOPMENT!?! ;) You should really take more direct donations Cheffe. You've put a lot of time into EUO. I'd give you a couple bucks a months no problem. And I'll be sure to test. Just put up a link when and make an announcement when you post.

Post subject: Re: Build 249
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:38 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Scripty wrote:
DEVELOPMENT!?! ;) You should really take more direct donations Cheffe. You've put a lot of time into EUO. I'd give you a couple bucks a months no problem. And I'll be sure to test. Just put up a link when and make an announcement when you post.

Ditto..

And I'd drop a $50 right now for full tile support again... failing giving it to Cheffe if it happens I'll give it to Alexandria.

Thank you for your efforts.. they are greatly appreciated.

“Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?”
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:10 pm 
Developer
Developer

*bump*

Latest Build: http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/euo251.zip

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Cheffe wrote:
I will release a couple of new builds in the coming days and weeks containing code cleanups and consolidation. Hopefully, that will lay the groundwork for some new development.

It would be nice if some of you could download the beta versions posted in this thread and run your favorite scripts in them for a few minutes to verify that everything still runs smoothly. I haven't played UO in years so my own testing is not very reliable. It would really help me if you could report back here whatever you find in a few words.

I don't expect any trouble so you shouldn't lose any time at all. The official version will remain as is, so in case something does go awry you can always revert to that.

Here's the link:
http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/euo250.zip

Cheers
Cheffe

We are all eternally grateful to you for keeping EUO oEUO here for us all these years. (EA owes a lot to you, since many of us who continue to pay them their $14/mth per account - would have quit years ago without our EUO scripts to take all the drudgery out of UO).
I will be happily put your code to the test on some of my scripts and will report any problems I find...

Thanks again and Cheers back atcha,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:14 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Change list?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:17 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

switched to this... will keep you posted

“Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?”
I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

So far I've run 6 different scripts with the 251 client and had no issues. These were pretty simple scripts mostly using event macro's, #scnt, menu's, etc., but all ran fine. I'd be happy to post the scripts here, but doubt if you need me to do that. I will continue to run all my scripts in the 251 build and will let you know of any issues...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ran a few scripts over remotedesktop at home.
No issues but didn't use any exevents nor tiles.
Can run my miner this night maybe.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:38 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Been running some of Scripty's 'greatest hits' with this with zero issue. (Mining/LJ/Dexer scripts)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Testet with a miner of mine: Used tiles and Exevents (Drag, DropC, Popup) without issues.
The usual commands were also tested like Finditem, loops, Event macro 17, 22 and thelike.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:16 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I've used many event macro's in several scripts, and there seems to be no issues there. Display yesno, etc all fine. Menu's all fine.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:30 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
I have run a few script and all work fine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:18 am 
Developer
Developer

Latest Build: http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/euo252.zip

FYI: The last few builds focussed mostly on variables. This one could influence events and exevents.
You might want to look into event property. Lines should be terminated by "$" signs as usual.

I've also removed the [entry] parameter from exevent popup since that won't work on OSI servers and may not have been much used on freeshards. Any opposing voices?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

It feels a lot slower? At least from the limited testing I've done this morning. It doesn't seem to fall through my fail code at all, and always updates in the tests I've done. That doesn't mean anything until I test it a lot more really. ;) Some days it's particularly bad, due to whatever reasons #property doesn't want to update in a timely manner in euo and triggers my fail code and I see lots of errors, either a small wait allowing it to update (mostly) or forcing #property to update twice in certain situations. That never happened once in searching a few bags of hundreds of items. Not really an indicator of anything without more testing except that it felt slow, but always updated. So at least it's working 100% for me so far. I'll put it through some real testing in a dungeon through a few thousand items on multiple corpses, instanced and not when I get some time later.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next