Total players online: 7

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

brianfreud wrote:
if #contsize = %gump_size

Scripty wrote:
Grindy: Don't forget #CONTSIZEX and #CONTSIZEY which are great for handling operations

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I dont see a problem in this code you posted.
Monitor the Values of #contsize, %gump_size and %timeout
You also can insert a "pause" before the returns. That way you know thet it will pause if it will leave the sub (?) with the return. Maybe it simply just re-enters right away in the overlying code?

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am 
Developer
Developer

He is saying the latest build doesn't work. Looking at the script is not very helpful. Downloading 265 and checking if it runs properly is. :)
I'll just wait until someone complains who has more info. :-"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:40 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

I downloaded Gonzo's script was changing it to use #contposx and #contposy instead of #contsize for Brianfreud and for a few minutes #contsizex/y wouldn't hold a constant value ( 170 & 200 in this case ). I can't recreate it though. I had the deco tool gump as the top gump in UO and EUO 265 as the active window ( was scrolling down through the code ) while the variables were changing values. I had two clients running with a single instance of EUO, one client linked to Gonzo's script and the other client linked to and running my blackthorn farming script.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:00 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Another one that's still working, but acting differently under 265 - likely a similar gump issue - is Roadkill's ultraorganizer. When it moves a stack of 2+, it used to detect it almost instantly and hit the button, now there's a 1-2 second delay before it notices that there's a stack gump open.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 am 
Developer
Developer

Found the problem and fixed it in build 266. Thanks for reporting.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Cool, I'll give it a try, thanks :)

Edit:
Looks like that did the trick; Gonzo's deco tool is working again. :)

Side note: I run EUO under wine. 265 found client.exe without problems or prompting, but 266 is prompting for me to find client.exe again.

Last edited by brianfreud on Sat May 31, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:03 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

266 seems to be in order so far. I reloaded my entire os recently and upgraded a few things, so not sure that has anything to do with it, but menus seem a lot better. Did you fix the wide birth around the mutexs? ;) If not it could be that I changed everything over to compatibility for service pack 3 and a few other settings which might have been borked before. Who knows what gremlins get worked out of your system when you load it fresh and reset everything to what it SHOULD be. Runs great for me so far though.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 am 
Developer
Developer

Nope, they're still very restrictive. Only noticable with scripts that use large LPC values though. I'm focussing somewhere else at the moment but they'll be addressed before I can integrate the Lua engine. Lua definitely blocks so I'll have to replace blocking mutexes with message based handshaking.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:24 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

build 266
seems me ignoreItem {Item Type} dont work

1. wait 20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:24 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe the list is mandatory now? Tryed it with a list to ignore it to?
ignoreitem {ID} {list}

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:42 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

It works fine with item id but not with item type. I tried it with IS and switched it to ground, and it didn't work with type, then tried with id, and it worked fine. I also added a list number of 22 though to test... ;)

Also, you can use my way of doing it, that way you don't ever need to use the actual ignoreitem command basically allowing you to ignore anything, with or without timers(items will fall off the list by their timers, and the lists will self update as you call the sub, and it even sets a "call" timer so you know when the next item needs to come off the list so you can check the sub again), and even save and load lists of ignored items to the registry. WIthout ever truly ignoring a single thing. All while keeping your variable count in check because it dynamically updates the lists as items fall off them. Then the functionality of this command is a non issue for you. I use this sub in everything I write. Link below:

Scripty's Pseudo Ignore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:55 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Scripty wrote:
Does anyone have a complete list of contnames laying around somewhere? Maybe we can start there and make a called file that can be used by everyone to ignore them as needed. ;) I've never taken the time to look at all the different contnames, but I'm assuming someone has one somewhere?

Here's the raw output from letting this run over the last few days. Probably far from complete and in need of formatting:
  1. IF #CONTNAME notin *contname
  2. set *contname *contname , #SPC , #CONTNAME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:15 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

266 build

command 'display' , during ... alarm table cant do nothing in easy uo... before was better was posible look other script or stoped script,pause script...

1. display test

if dont click ok at table... easy uo will like FROZEN...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

That was the case before also if i remember correctly...
So as far as i remember that has not changed...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next