Total players online: 4

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:18 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Just wanted to note that #contid is still not updating in 266. I use it in a bag opener script to ensure that the bag actually opened. With 266, #contid stays with a value of "YC" regardless, which looks like a type, not an id.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:09 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
the one thing I'd like to see most from openeuo in euo is the ability to run scripts without having a client open so you can debug menus and stuff without leaving a client open for no reason eating up 100% cpu if you're not logged in

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:53 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

#contid is updating just fine in 266.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:45 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

brianfreud wrote:
Just wanted to note that #contid is still not updating in 266. I use it in a bag opener script to ensure that the bag actually opened. With 266, #contid stays with a value of "YC" regardless, which looks like a type, not an id.

Yep, it updates just fine. You'll want to use the new event conttop {index} command to cycle tru ( you'll see all the different #CONT variables update on each iteration ) all the open gumps/containers on your screen to verify the gump/container you open actually did open. You can use a combo of the nifty new IgnoreCont #ContName, IgnoreCont #ContKind, IgnoreCont reset commands prior to running event conttop {index} and narrow the number of containers/gumps in the index ( ignore all the stat bars and container gumps if you are checking for context menus etc. ).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:17 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Anyone else getting alot of connection loss issues in 266 ( not client crashes )? I typically have 5 different accounts running on 2-3 different shards doing the typical EUO stuff ( mining/filling/sorting bods/hacking away at champs/bosses etc ). Every two hours or so all 5 clients lose connection at the sametime. It might not be anything EUO related as I can't think of any common or repetitive action the accounts are doing each time I lose con, just thought I'd toss this out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:21 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Alright, so I was able to recreate the "gump" issue that brainfreud was having a little farther back in this thread. But I did some testing on it. #contid is working fine for me, the problem arises when you mouseover a gump. To test what I'm talking about, say you're scanning the buff bar, everything is fine, unless you mouseover the bufficons_gump while you're scanning it, what SHOULD happen, is the normal_gump info gump should appear to tell you about the gump or buff icon you're moused over... but what happens, is easyuo switches between the normal_gump, and the bufficons_gump quickly back and forth, instead of just the normal_gump showing because it's on top of the bufficons_gump. I'm assuming that since you removed the gump ignore list, you either left normal_gump as ignored by default, which is bad, or you changed something else... Can we just get the gump ignore list in tools back until all the kinks are worked out of gumps? ;) I'd like to have both so I can put my default ignored gumps in there easily and add or remove any that are conflicting without using the gump ignore commands in scripts unless it's absolutely necessary. If that's even the problem. I'm sure you can figure it out with that info though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
This is the script that now has #contid issues w/266: http://paste2.org/1pHKZ4vD
It hits line 61, and goes into a continuous loop, and checking the value of #contid there, it is always "YC" .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:33 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Yea, I'm noticing something different. I ignored the normal_gump, then I tried it, and it still wasn't working. So I set the %2 var to n/a and did it, and it worked. Is it normal operation for a sub to retain the passed variables between gosubs? I forget... It seemed to work differently before where if you sent 4 variables one time, and 2 the next, the %3 and %4 variables would be n/a on the second go round. Now it's not working that way. I forget if that's normal behavior? The sub I was testing with works perfectly now that I nulled out the second passed variable to n/a. It also has 2 gosubs within the main sub itself that could be throwing things off. I don't know, it's late, and I'm tired. ;) It's my scanbar sub. Worked flawlessly before 266. Not sure which one it started having issues with though. It it was before 266 or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:34 am 
Developer
Developer

Build 267 in download section:
- IgnoreItem <type> should work again
- Display command no longer freezes EasyUO

Quote:
Is it normal operation for a sub to retain the passed variables between gosubs? I forget... It seemed to work differently before where if you sent 4 variables one time, and 2 the next, the %3 and %4 variables would be n/a on the second go round. Now it's not working that way. I forget if that's normal behavior?

That is normal. You're supposed to check %0 to see how many parameters there are.

Quote:

Quote:
I'm assuming that since you removed the gump ignore list, you either left normal_gump as ignored by default, which is bad, or you changed something else... Can we just get the gump ignore list in tools back until all the kinks are worked out of gumps? ;) I'd like to have both so I can put my default ignored gumps in there easily and add or remove any that are conflicting without using the gump ignore commands in scripts unless it's absolutely necessary. If that's even the problem. I'm sure you can figure it out with that info though.

If NORMAL_GUMP were ignored, all crafting scripts would be broken since crafting menus apparently use it (so I can't ignore it).

Currently, the following ContNames are ignored:
BARK_GUMP DAMAGENUMBERS_GUMP DUMB_GUMP GAMEAREAEDGEGUMP MAP_GUMP MENUBAR MISSILE_GUMP NEW_ITEM_PROP_GUMP RETICLE_GUMP TARGET_GUMP UNICODE_BARK_GUMP

In EasyUO 1.5 Build 248, the following ContKinds are ignored:
UULC_YCLD_GXJC_UGQB_GVKC_SVP_SXQ_IGHC_QCPD_MSMC

I've even updated 248 to work with the latest clients so you have a clean version to compare:
http://www.easyuo.com/cheffe/euo248.zip

And no, the IgnoreCont list won't be coming back. I've already said that it's a bad idea to add another facility that requires setup. The IgnoreCont command does exactly the same thing if used in the first few lines of your script. If scripts are not working properly then standard ignored gumps need to be updated which requires communication with me. Tell me what I need to do to fix this and it will probably be fixed within a few hours. If you cannot then you don't know where the problem is and the IgnoreCont menu won't help you there. If you know where the problem is but won't tell me, well... ;)

As far as I know the only difference between 248 and 267 is that GXJC (msg input thingy at the bottom that shows as normal_gump [and incidentally has ContID YC]) is no longer ignored. So if your script outputs any text using Msg then that would explain it. Add GXJC to ignored conts and see if problems go away.

General note, venting my frustration, not targeted at anyone in particular but at bug reporting in general:
I cannot figure "it" out. I haven't played UO in 10 years. I do not have a real account. I do not have any chars with skills above 30. I don't have a house with a secure box. I don't have crafting tools. I have nothing. And I won't get those things since I don't play UO. So I can't run any scripts above the bare minimum (which is a few lines of code which show exactly where the problem appears with everything else edited away). So declaring that script XYZ won't run will not help me. All it may do is point out problems to other people so they can try to debug it if you can't (which is fine). Use F7 to step though. Just don't expect me to do it. I will just sit and wait until someone comes along who can make a coherent bug report. :) If that takes a few days because it's hard then that's just the way it is. But if you're just throwing random tidbits at me without really digging then nothing will happen...
End of general note. Back to the issue:

I doubt it's a problem with ContID. YC means value 0, meaning the container has no corresponding item assigned to it (e.g. the gump of an opened bag is assigned to the little bag that you double clicked to open the gump. So the ContID of that gump is the ID of that little bag). If ContKind, ContName and the other ContXXX variables are set properly then ContID should be set, too.

You guys stating that ContID doesn't work is probably a result of you only looking at ContID and nothing else? If all of the ContXXX variables aren't set to the values you'd expect then that means another container is topmost so that it has its values shown.
So there you go, now bring me proper intel... :occasion5:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I was just explaining my issue in the best way I could at the late hour. But I figured out, it's just a side effect of the way things work now. I need to update my scripts to do things in a more "correct" way than I had in the past. Such as checking if a variable has actually been passed like you suggested. The sub worked perfectly in the past because my way "worked" even if it wasn't "correct." I think the problem lies now in that people think, if it's not working, it's euo's fault. When in reality, it's probly that a change you made, exposed a problem in their script, and they just can't figure it out. ;) Everything seems to be ok, my issue was that when I moused over the bufficons_gump, I had code in the script that would detect that, and reopen the bufficons_gump very quickly, and with my mouse hovered over the bufficons_gump, it would switch back instantly to the normal_gump info so it looked as it if was changing info nonstop. ;) Because of not checking that a passed variable was indeed passed, it would set the variable to contpos the gump to a variable that wasn't correct and move it off screen. It works fine and expected for me. I'll continue to test it and update my scripts to be "more correct" and check to see if variables have actually been passed or null them out myself. ;) Oops.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:14 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

yes i agree with cheffe... if something dont work TRY USE... Use F7 to step though... and find problem, at easyUO is so much info... all can be make work with little thinking about it :idea:

ty for update
- IgnoreItem <type> should work again
- Display command no longer freezes EasyUO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:40 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Scripty wrote:
the problem arises when you mouseover a gump.

I was stepping tru the login portion of my bod collector last night and came to that conclusion too. The little context menu that pops up when you mouse over the arrow buttons at the bottom of the login screens was screwing it up. The cont vars changed way too fast so I did:
  1. SET *CONTKIND
  2. WHILE *recordvars
  3. {
  4. IF #CONTKIND notin *CONTKIND
  5. SET *CONTKIND *CONTKIND , _ , #CONTSIZEX , _ , #CONTSIZEY , _ , #CONTKIND , _ , #CONTNAME , _ , #CONTTYPE , _ ,
  6. }

Cheffe wrote:
In EasyUO 1.5 Build 248, the following ContKinds are ignored:
UULC_YCLD_GXJC_UGQB_GVKC_SVP_SXQ_IGHC_QCPD_MSMC

That explains where all the weird contkinds I recorded came from!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Cheffe wrote:
I doubt it's a problem with ContID. YC means value 0, meaning the container has no corresponding item assigned to it (e.g. the gump of an opened bag is assigned to the little bag that you double clicked to open the gump. So the ContID of that gump is the ID of that little bag). If ContKind, ContName and the other ContXXX variables are set properly then ContID should be set, too.

Good to know what YC means :)

Cheffe wrote:
You guys stating that ContID doesn't work is probably a result of you only looking at ContID and nothing else? If all of the ContXXX variables aren't set to the values you'd expect then that means another container is topmost so that it has its values shown.
So there you go, now bring me proper intel... :occasion5:

I'll have to dig through the change notes again to see if there's something new that's needed; The script I linked did work with the last non-beta build, and doesn't now. #contid did hold the value of the just opened bag's ID previously ("the little bag that you double clicked to open the gump"), now it just holds "YC". So I'll look when I have time this weekend; something definitely at least has *changed* in what info EasyUO is storing, or when it is storing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:16 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Naw the info is correct. It's the way it's being delivered to you that's not right. For me, it was that I had tool tips on and the tooltips were interfering with my info. And it was my code that was not as "correct" as it should have been to error check the issue. #contid is fine. Error check your script.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:54 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Scripty wrote:
Naw the info is correct. It's the way it's being delivered to you that's not right. For me, it was that I had tool tips on and the tooltips were interfering with my info. And it was my code that was not as "correct" as it should have been to error check the issue. #contid is fine. Error check your script.

You miss my point; it worked, for over a hundred builds, and now doesn't. I very much doubt that's due to tooltips. :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next