Total players online: 14

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

One or two of those were pretty stupid questions I suppose. haha

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Does menu setProp have to be menu setprop radio2 checked #true? Can't you drop the checked to make it more like menu set radio5 #true? setProp radio2 #true only? Make it easier to add support in my menu subs there too. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:36 am 
Developer
Developer

Scripty wrote:
Can't you drop the checked to make it more like menu set radio5 #true?

There are a lot of other properties:
  1. menu setprop radio5 text Special
  2. menu setprop radio5 left 10
  3. menu setprop radio5 color $FF
  4. menu setprop radio5 tooltip Hover over me!

SetProp allows you to change a control after is has been created already. So the "checked" is really required in that spot. I'd rather not define some default behavior when leaving the property away, that's why "menu set" is a dead end (not really extensible, just sets a single property based on control type).

Scripty wrote:
it seems as if pushDef and popDef might be even a little more interesting if they were a bit more like namespace push and pop.

Maybe. But I'd like to keep them separate for now. They do different things. Combining them would save you a line, yet take from you the option of calling them separately or making it more complicated. I guess we have different points of view. I'd rather focus on the big picture. Still, comments are valuable, I just can't always act on them. See my next post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 am 
Developer
Developer

So, after the new menu system has been integrated, what's next? Why did I even work on the menu in the first place?

Because we did a lot of work on it before my announcement and I had to either integrate it or lose the work. Now there are new commands, we can't really document them because most people do not have access to the Wiki. Access was restricted a few years back due to spam. It was the easy thing to do instead of finding a better solution (like a bridge to phpbb and a 100 posts minimum requirement). ScriptFellows PHP framework is getting really old and prone to all sorts of attacks, too.

So the next thing on my list is the website. I'd like to put in some simple Bootstrap and find an easy replacement for the PSL (without a complex rating system, but maybe a simple "Like" counter or something). My goal is to make sure the scripts remain accessible and the forum doesn't just disappear one day because nobody is looking after it.

After that comes more EUO changes: Cleaning up the parser and preparing it for eventual Lua integration, so you can run EUO and Lua scripts side-by-side with one program. Lua will also use the new menu system so there's even more consolidation for you...

Then we'll be ready to do a proper open-source release using the free Lazarus IDE. A part of the code has already been published to GitHub. With the menu out of the way, one can hope things will continue more smoothly from now on.

Can't promise anything, but the menu is done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:04 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I could think of some interesting ways to use menu items if I was able to give their push and popDef a name like namespace though... ;) pushDef local s_menu . #charid I can dream right? Individualized menus based on character? I can do that anyways, but it just seems more logical that way I guess in my head. I don't care either way, I can still do it one way or the other. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:53 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Should this work? What am I missing?

menu setdef tooltip This_is_a_tooltip!

Ignore this. Jesus... You gave an example. haha

Last edited by Scripty on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:58 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Just thought i'd pass on that the versions 319 and 320 have now broken the script sosmaster_new.
This is on OSI with latest patch.
I am going back to read this thread to try and figure out how to get the graphics working again.
Any hints?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Cheffe, can/will you add a system variable for setDef/getDef please? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Scripty wrote:
Removing image pixline has broken Kal In Ex's Magnifier which makes use of that command. And it's one of the more useful scripts ever written for euo. ;) viewtopic.php?p=335694#335694

i used it a lot very great to find correct pixelcol!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:17 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

so here is my question with the changes to the menu's does the easyuo menu creator no longer work towards the new way to output a window. Because from what i see most menu's still function as they are suppose too. You just added the option to add in different ways to use your menu instead on just one way really before. with that being said is the radio now in place of the checkbox.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:14 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

No can still use a checkbox. And the menu designer should still work fine. Should.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:08 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

ok sounds good scripty. so then what is the difference in the checkbox and the use of radio. looking at it it seems to be pretty much the same concept.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:05 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Hey Cheffe. Is there a way to control the position of the new menu items to move them in front or behind other menu elements? I'm playing with it and feeling like I'm having a brain fart and missing something easy. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 am 
Developer
Developer

kingcasper420 wrote:
what is the difference in the checkbox and the use of radio. looking at it it seems to be pretty much the same concept.

They are exactly the same, except you can only select one radio at a time, i.e. if you select one, all others get unselected. Just like when using an old transistor radio with those blocky buttons. If you press one down, the others come up. Radio buttons are a Windows standard UI element.

Scripty wrote:
Hey Cheffe. Is there a way to control the position of the new menu items to move them in front or behind other menu elements? I'm playing with it and feeling like I'm having a brain fart and missing something easy. ;)

Not yet. Good idea. In the meantime you can use "menu setprop name visible #true/#false" to show only one control and hide all the others.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:21 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

It seems like it would be best if you have say a form 1, and a form 2, if you move an element from form 1, it would go on top of existing elements and behind anything else you move to form 1. With the ability to move anything on any form forward or backward at will. ;) Also, the old menu elements seem to only want to create themselves on the last form created, then you have to move them to the form you like. Shouldn't menu setProp name parent defaultForm affect the old menu elements too? Or does it and I'm not seeing it? Can't you set the default form, and any new menu elements should be created on the default form you set with setProp right?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next