Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Malware? [SOLVED]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Ok so I downloaded the latest euo323 and windows defender flagged it and wouldn't let me download it. So I turned off defender and downloaded it anyway and ran it, it was working perfectly. Win10 REMOVED it while it was running and has flagged it again as Malware. Any thoughts ?

Post subject: Re: Malware ?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:08 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Ok so windows says this zip file contains Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl....can someone confirm or deny this please ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:05 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

I am getting the same. I found some older posts that relate to this topic, but it seems there was no associated fix. Just found a couple of rants over the .1% that don't know about this topic. I have used Easy for many many years and never had this "trojan" message pop up before. I plan to keep combing the forums for an answer that probably was answered in 2005...
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:38 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
I've been running Win10 for a while, and this is the first time this has happened. Windows took it so seriously that it literally stopped euo from running and deleted it, even with Defender turned off. It didnt find any issues with 232 and before.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I see the gathering of the Great Post Counts is going well. Cool! Keep up keeping us all safe girls. Appreciate it. ;)

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Am I to assume by your hilarious response, that windows is wrong and I'm shouting Wolf ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:05 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Yea probly. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:50 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Explain to me then, why even after I turned off defender, downloaded the zip, unzipped it, set it as admin, launched it...logged in..and ran my script for about 30 minutes, that it suddenly stopped euo while it was running and deleted it. also explain why it said the name of the trojan that it found, the location where it was found, which matched up with my euo folder, and that the trojan name, which i've never heard of before, was found by google with the exact name. Better yet, scroll up to my 2nd post where I named it, and simply explain to me what that is exactly, and then how I can get windows 10 to ignore it, if its benign.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

Hey, yeah, it's been asked and answered before. No big deal though, you should always be careful when your security product tells you something is wrong.

Anti-virus software wrongly detect software as viruses all the time. It's what's called a false positive. You're supposed to add EasyUO.exe to your exclusion list to make the error go away. Look it up on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivirus ... _positives

Best way to judge if something is a false positive or a true positive (very bad!) go to virustotal.com. The site's been around forever: https://www.virustotal.com

I have already uploaded the latest EUO for you. Here are the results: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/ea863 ... 5f2eda27af

1 engine thinks EUO might be unsafe, 64 think it's fine. So, this tells you it's a false alert. If half the engines reported a problem, you should really be concerned.

@Poopa: Your anti-virus is behaving as expected. After wrongfully identifying EUO as a threat, it'll then go forward and quarantine/delete it and tell you what type of virus it thinks it has found. It would be counter-productive for the security software to tell you it "thinks but is unsure" it found a threat. Most anti-virus products employ heuristics which try to guess if something is a virus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_analysis

Post subject: Re: Malware? [SOLVED]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:19 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

-*EXPLAINED*- ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Thank you Cheffe, very professional response.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=53270&p=431965#p431965
Post i linked says basically the same as cheffe. didnt see the thread here and answered the other one... :)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true