Total players online: 7

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:38 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Ps there is no sub for the pickaxes yet, you're correct. They use to be unlimited

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
I believe you just reversed the explanation.
gosub recall [absolute screen x location of button to click] [absolute y location of button to click] [destination charposx value] [destination charposy value] [runebook id]

I do not have a webcam, so Skype is not going to work.

On some shards the tools go through uses, on other shards they are unlimited as you state.

Making a routine to grab a tool from the bank is not overly complicated. Suppose it is at the bank, then the outline of the code would look like:
  1. ; routine to get tool from bank
  2. recall to bank
  3. msg bank $ ; opens bank
  4. ; write code to wait for gump to open
  5. ; if tool is in a container that is in the bank (or a secure at home, it would be similar)
  6. set #lobjectid %tool_bag_id
  7. ; write code to wait for gump to open
  8. finditem FSF_BSF_ASF C_ , %tool_bag_id
  9.  {
  10.  set %tool_limit #findcnt
  11.  if %tool_limit > 8
  12.    set %tool_limit 8
  13.  for #findid 1 %tool_limit
  14.   {
  15.   wait 10
  16.   wait 10
  17.   }
  18.  }

Gaderian

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Ok so got everything set up and working great except for the tool grab from bank.. If i have 1 or 6 hatchets it doesn't add more.. If there is any less than 8 hatchets on me when i go for bank routine I'd like it to add whatever is needed to make 8 hatchets in my pack before i return to chopping.
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain everything you did so far I learned a lot!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:25 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
Catalystuo,
Can you post your code for trying to grab the hatchets? While I have tossed some snippets of code into this discussion, I don't really want to just write a routine to hand off - mostly because my snippets have been to show the general idea of how to use syntax or maybe a loose outline for the logic. However, most of these snippets of code have not been executed by me. :roll:

Does your routine only add hatchets if you have none in your main pack? Does it only add hatchets if you have 1? Does it only add hatchets if you have a specific number? How many hatchets does it drag in the situation you are testing?

When you wrote:
Quote:
If i have 1 or 6 hatchets it doesn't add more..
I am not clear what it means - your routine will add hatchets if you have 7 in your main pack already? But it will not add any if you have 6 in your main backpack? This would be good information to help identify the situation.

Please post the relevant code and let's see if we can figure it out.

Gaderian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:47 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

nooo I mean like it needs to check for a minimum for 8 hatchets in your pack everytime it banks if it doesn't have 8 they routine will add 8more... so if you have 4 already in your back and your banking it will just add 8more, now u have 12 hatchets... I think is easiest way? im not sure

i just alwys need hatchet,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:20 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
So having provided an example routine answering your PM, now I read this. The code I put in the PM response limits the number of hatchets to 8, so if you had 4, it would add another 4. My routine above (well it is only an outline) shows getting 8 more hatchets (or whatever quantity is in the %tool_bag_id up to 8). Due to logic I pointed out in the PM, I believe the routine would have retrieved no hatchets from the bank initially, but the new one should function.

In any case, give it a test and let us know how it worked.

Gaderian