Shard is currently offline.

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Script Help me
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:31 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

I've been working on a script for about a month. Worked through several bugs, just one remains.

It is farming monsters in a rather spread out area with one tile melee templates. In this area, there is one ledge where monsters have line of sight down but there is no direct path to move up to the ledge.

The result is that when an excess amount of spawn generates on the top of the ledge and my player is at the bottom (or the reverse, my player is at the top and a bunch of spawn is at the bottom) the casters can cast and my character can't heal through it.

I've already added logic where if pathfind fails because of no path it adds the spawn to an exclusion list and it will move on with its normal pathfinding and rail. The problem is that it goes through this cycle slowly due to the other evaluations taking place. I'd say the script overall has a 15% failure rate where this scenario will cause the character to die.

The location where this is a concern is about 20 tiles wide by 10 tiles deep.

My only thought was to set it up so that if my character finds itself in this 20x10 tile box to ignore all other scripting and resume pathfinding until out of the danger zone.

Wondering if anyone else has some recommendations or suggestions on how to handle this?

My other thought was to add archery to the templates and use a magic short bow with the area attack when in those areas, but I lose a lot from doing that.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Script Help me
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:20 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Having an exclusion area is what I would do most likely. Hard to help out without you posting the script or at least a snipet of the affected area.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library