Total players online: 4

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Easyuo Registry Maximum?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Is there a way to increase the maximum amount of values that can be stored in the Easyuo folder in the registry?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Any combination of alphanumerical characters can be stored in the reg as persistant variables.
Also Arrays.

So why not Set *mysettings . %index %settingspart . %index :?:

If you are talking about the amouint of chars PER VAR, this is limited by Windows. Check with windows/ Microsoft.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:44 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

I have about 200,000 lines of values in my Easyuo folder. Most of them are waypoints saved by Wiz IDOC script. I know its maxed out because if I go into the registry it wont even allow me to add a single line under Easyuo folder but it does allow me to add registry values to other application folders. I just assumed each application was only allowed a certain amount. If I am unable to increase the maximum, I am trying to figure out how I can continue to save routes for various shards using wiz's script. If I do have my Easyuo registry folder maxxed out what other options do I have? I was trying to look into see how I would go about changing his script into saving the variables to a text file instead instead of the registry persistant but I was getting confused on how to do that. I did try increasing my virtual memory but that didnt help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You could offload the locations to a file.
Either by writing a file with contents like
set %X3334 566
set %Y3334 7684
set %X3335 777
set %Y3335 789

or you could export parts of your reg and delete them. Import them back if necessary and used.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:47 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

First off, Thanks for your help Orngrimm.
Ok So I know for sure its exceeding the maximum allowed in a registry Key. When you say offloading them to a file, are you referring to the registry directing towards a file in the file system? I am trying not to tear apart Wiz original IDOC script too much because I love how it works. I am trying to figure out how to keep my 7 full runebooks of routes covering the entire map and be able to modify them individually based on shard needs. I am able to have 6 shards working fine copying the runebooks and just modifying the book ids in the registry backup and saving the variables to the registry but now I am maxing out it out.
Is there a way to change the script to use a file system instead of the registry to add, delete, and modify routes. I know I am probably over my head but I am learning tons about the registry just not how to tear the script down to make it work with every shard eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:57 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

That's a bit of an involved answer to give you for that script. It would mean that I would personally have to go scan through that script, and I've used it, so I know that although it looks simple to the user, it's a quite complicated script technically. And it would require more work than maybe most of us would be willing to give. There's a certain level of skill you should have to modify that script. If you keep at it, you'll figure it out as you tear into the code. If you need help with THAT, feel to ask away and I'll do my best to answer though. I'd love to help you learn to script, but I don't want to do it for you. ;) Good luck. I'll help you learn what you need to figure it out 100% though, starting with, usually, to get a script to support saving runes for multiple shards, would require you to use variables that are normally like this: 'set %ladidaVar' or set '*ladidaVar' or set !ladidaVar'. And you'd want them to be formatted like, this: set %ladidaVar . #charid or *ladidaVar . #charid or !ladidaVar . #charid. Those are different ways to use the information you set those unique vars to that you can read about in the wiki. Learning to use those effectively will get you on your way. If you stick at it, you'll learn to script that entire script in a week, a month tops.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:59 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Here's another tip. Trailmyx has a set of subroutines that will save data to the registry in any amount you'd like of variables I believe. It should be on scriptuo.com. Maybe someone over there will point you into where and how you can get those.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:42 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

OK awesome I will look into that today scripty. Thanks!

If I repeat myself Im sorry but since you are familiar with the script and used it I want to throw out there what my thinking has been because my mind might explode from a week of trying to dissect something way above my head. What I was doing was I just marked runes for one entire server and I used it and it worked great. So I naturally wanted to cruise another server I play on, I copied the books and shard shielded them over. I used his export feature, deleted my current *wiz variables like he requires before imputing, then used notepad++ to double the exported variables and changed the book id's so instead of having to re-mark the second server I just used the same waypoints. I also changed a couple of the pathfinding settings and tested them to where even though it may run into a house on the second server, it would keep trying each next waypoint with either "pathfind" or finally "move" and 90% of the time finally get around the house. Sloppy yes, but I dreaded having to remark an entire server again. It does help the other servers are so empty though. So the server setup worked good. So then I did the same thing for 4 servers. In the same way, using the same original set of variables I exported just copy and pasting and renaming books. Everytime I added a server I was using Easyuo to run that variable file his script exported (but modified for more servers) that adds the variables to the registry and all was working great, 4 servers, 4 different characters running all at once, only having had to mark books that one first time for the first server. If I decided I didnt like how much one of the scripts was running into houses, I could clear the route on that server and modify it to run better. So eventually, those other 3 servers variables, end up a little different and better tuned for that server with once again only having had to mark the original 7 books once at the beginning. So, you know we think, If 4 is great then 13 is even greater. I modified the variables file to 13 servers, now its one really long file with 13 sets of the original waypoints from 7 books, erased the existing variables like he says and used Easyuo to run that variable file and when I went to run my new creation, it showed only 7 servers names on the list. I started reading and learning about the registry and its maximum limits, learned about permissions because i thought it was that, learned how to import and export the variables without using Easyuo, I thought maybe it was just the certain computer I was using but it stopped at 7 servers (and only 2 books into 7) on both of my desktops. So finally on both computers I imputed the waypoints it failed 2 books into 7 servers, tried adding a single value to the EasyUO Key folder in the registry, it failed to write, so then I erased 2 vales and was able to add 2 more values but failed on the 3rd. That was on both computers. That is how I have come to the conclusion that its at its max.

(takes deep breath)

Im going to figure it out!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I think your problem is that *wiz's script was written before people really understood easyuo's limits. And the limits on each individual registry entry. I don't think you're running into an easyuo limitation. I think you're running into a single variable amount of data issue. I would have to do what you're doing to test. I don't use *wiz's script any longer. I've since written a recall script that will recall house to house, and just uses more and more runes and books. With Atlas books, it's much easier. Especially since I wrote a sub that is available on this site that works amazingly well for that. If you take out the part that's frustrating, it becomes much easier. I took out the rails. ;) Railing isn't that robust in easyuo. I mean it IS, but having huge, complicated rails in easyuo is a bit of a pain. Not hard if you're good, but has tons of little errors that make it not optimal for a super large script. I did it like a recall miner, and wrote it from the ground up with multiple shards in mind. Actually, every script I've written for the last 8 years for EUO, is written with multiple characters in mind. Multiple char trainers... miners... farmers... learn to write for multiple characters, and you'll fix your own problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:38 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

That sounds much more reliable. I could not imagine marking that many runes to cover the entire map. How many runes do you have marked? I have tweaked with Spewy mining tons and yours quite a bit so I can totally see the advantages of a recalling IDOC runner Running all 7 full runebooks takes about 8 hours I think and scans about 2200+ houses in Trammel and I know I am missing tons probably. My goal is to try to scan every house possible. I hardly do IDOC's anymore. Its more about the challenge of setting up something up that does do it. Because I have those rails marked already and until I start marking runes to make a recaller, I am thinking I might look into learning to do something along the lines of what you have talked about and have the script set the runebook ID's per character ID and just use the original first set of rail waypoints so that way I am only needing the 1 set, less in the registry but figure out how to have the runebooks ID's come variables set in the script and not pulled from registry. That would restrict me to into making them all run the exact same rails though but I had them doing that for a while and it worked ok once I adjusted the pathfinding around houses. Time to tweak.
I cant believe how fast time flies when you get stuck tweaking on scripts and scripting stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

How can you not imagine making that many runes? You already mark that many waypoints... You're not doing less than 1 every 5-10 tiles. That's a lot of waypoints. Same probly as runes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

I have his script setup to automatically mark waypoints every 5 tiles as i am running the routes it records but my routes for each rune are between 200 - 400 waypoints long. I even marked on a map a general idea of the route each rune runs.

Attachments:
Skara Brea Map.jpg
Skara Brea Map.jpg [ 45.84 KiB | Viewed 1583 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:48 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

My point is, you'll use less runes than you do waypoints. Because you're only marking 1 rune/house. ;) You'd definitely want to make a portion of the script that buys runes, and runic atlas'. You'd use their id to know which is which. Or give them name each. Whatever. Book one. Or even name each book by the house name, or maybe even by the coordinates? I'd probly do it with coordinates, because then you could run checks through your data like as you run the script. If this house isn't there anymore, remove it's coordinate info, and related data from the script. So it basically, automatically removes houses that disappear from game from the script. You could have the script scan at max distance for new houses also. And keep a variable with all house data in it. Like the coordinates of every house, in a variable. Then you search it by coordinate, and if a house isn't found at that coordinate, you have the script march over, mark a new rune under the house sign, and add it auto to the script. So as you're recalling around in large housing locations, it's auto adding homes for you. ;) Also, TrailMyx's subs were updated, so they can not only create nice menus, but store multiple (5 to be exact) pieces of data PER menu item. So you could create a menu, keep track of every house location, on the menu, order if by it's coordinate, and store all of it's relevant data in that one variable on the menu, and recall it at any time. And if you do it by coordinates, it's easy to recall them in the menu, because you'd format the data something like this: #shard, | , #charposx , | , #charposy , | , %whateverDataYouLikeHere….

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Wow, I am trying so hard to completely understand what your describing. I am trying to though. I have read your post over and over. I want to understand. I appreciate every word you have said. Is got my head spinning. I love the idea of it auto adding houses.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:57 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

hope I can communicate this properly, in the script below:
the original script is:
set %amitherex %currentshard , _b , %tempbook , r , %temprune , xs

"%amitherex' now is set to "wiz_idoc_shard1_b1r6xs"

which is correct but I want it to return the value of %wiz_idoc_shard1_b1r6xs instead which I have set to a value at the beginning of the script. When I had all the variables saved in the registry it would be able to pull the value using * . %amitherex = #charposx but i have since tried to not use the registry at all and only have 1 set of variables saved per shard to a text file that I call at the beginning like:
set %wiz_idoc_shard1_b1r6xs 528

Im really trying to learn