Alexandria Uptime: 51.42 Days
Total players online: 3

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:24 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Hi. There is absolutely NO problem "losing skills", and anything you ever read about some skills losing easier than others was total BS... the code searched the skills alphabetically, and would reduce the first one if found, even on OSI...

So, you basically have the situation I talked about where you are at your skill cap. NP, you just don't gain as quick as if you were NOT at your skill cap is all.

Ask me how to gain something in game and I'll tell you.

Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
JakFrost
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:10 am 
Just wanted to add a quick note regarding stat gaining using Camping if you have access to a Soulstone.

(And you should since they are given out on the Alexandria shard for all players as long as they read the instructions on how to get the Soulstone from the Soulstone locked down at the Luna bank. Click on it for instructions. Hint, it involves a little trip to see a guy.)

Here is the premise behind the technique that I have used to increase your stats. RunUO lets you gain in a skill without having to move as long as you are below 10.0 of a skill. Below 10.0 you almost always fail to light kindling for a campfire. A Soulstone lets you remove skill points and delete them without incurring a 24-hour wait penalty on its usage. So now put them all together.

This technique removes the requirement to run around because of 5x5 to gain 0.3 of skill in Camping above 10.0. You also have to use a lot less kindling because you almost always fail below 10.0. You gain stat points quicker than going up to 30.0 or higher in skill. The only downside is that it requires more actions than just running around and using kindling.

Preperation
  • Soulstone in backpack. (After completing the Mystic trip to Tower in Serpent's Hold.)
  • Kindling 20-stack purchased from a Provisioner. (All Provisioners sell Kindling)
  • Standing in a safe logout location where the Soulstone can be used. (Luna Bank is usually a good spot.)

Execution
  1. Stat lock(s) set to UP.
  2. Camping skill lock set to UP.
  3. Kindling use until Camping skill is 10.0.
  4. Camping skill lock set to DOWN.
  5. Soulstone use to move Camping skill to stone.
  6. Soulstone use to remove skill from soulstone.
  7. Repeat process...

JakFrost
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:16 am 
Also wanted to add another note regarding Skill gains while already at 700.0 or higher Total Skill Base Cap.

Don't forget that since there are (2) Soulstones available per account for the Alexandria RunUO shard, you can always remove at least (2) skills (100 or 120.0 with powerscrolls) to bring your Total Skill Base Cap down to 500.0 (or less with powerscrolled skills) temporarily if you want to train another skill.

Or you can even go as far as moving all or most of your skill points to another temporary character on the same account lowering the Total Skill Base Cap down to 100.0 or 200.0 points just for bare skills and then train up the skill that you need, and transfer the other skills back from the temporary character.

But be aware that any retrieval of skill points from a Soulstone will incur a 24-hour wait penalty for usage so you could only transfer (2) skills (200.0 to 240.0).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 pm 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Ok, I've never used a SkillStone, I don't have UOSE or whereever they came from lol...

... but THAT is friggin' BRILLIANT, easily scripted, and I love it LOL. I'm gonna add that to my "HyperSkill" script.

Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

I loved the tutorial. Thanks for researching that!

LordLeeCH wrote:
"The only way to win, is NOT to play..." - Joshua , Wargames

I think i'll add that to my sig on the stratics boards, right below the "face it, we're playing in an 8 year old beta."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:59 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
ok i read your thread here. nice work!

well im training stealing right now. i guess it's a target based skill?! or is it a combo of target and region. right now i have a bag locked down in my house with about 30 different items inside and i keep stealing them and putting them back.
the gain is ok but sometimes i have the feeling that it doesnt gain. is this only bad luck or is it because i stand on the same position all the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

4 years and there has been a lot of changes to the game.
I've been told that the anti-macro code has been removed so skills can be gained standing still with no prohibiter's.

I'm wondering if things like your total skills, % of cap on skill being worked, and the 5x5 method still exist in Run-UO (especially Alexia) or if it has been changed.

I'm working healing, currently ressing a dead 2nd account char, and the skill gain is slow. My character has 700 total skill points, and I was considering using a soul-stone to transfer the healing to another character to finish it to 100. Possibly even doing this with all the skills that are dragging slowly through the 90's.

I'd also like to know about healing / anatomy requirements for curring poison. I'm working on a cross heal hunting set of scripts and the bonus heal from the anatomy is not needed. If having the required 60 anatomy is all that is needed to allow poison and the success is on the healing skill, this would allow me to tweak my template a little better.

This whole topic should be deleted and redone to reflect any major changes to the stat/skill gain system. I would also suggest young players starting in New Haven and have a vase link to the page. As I started my new characters, I headed straight to New Haven to get the quests, and train in the accelerated skill gain area.

If Daemon_is_attacking_you in #journal || ( you_are_attacking in #journal && Daemon in #journal )
Terminate UO
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:45 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Groups:
Your right a lot has changed! but I bet your the first person to read this in 6 months.

is your account old enough for the 20 skill points being a vet would give you? a year on EA is a month on on Alexandria.

I would also like to see a purging or a archiving of old dead outdated topics, but its a lot of work.

[ur=]http://www.lexiashard.com]Lexiashard.com[/url]
See this thread for lock picking at my rune library

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Orion Sin wrote:
Your right a lot has changed! but I bet your the first person to read this in 6 months.

Probably am the 1st person to read this in a while. At least the 1st person to read it and realize that it might just be out dated. But I came here looking to find out what I can about training my character. I would imagine most people would want to know if the server has any differences (especially differences from retail).

Orion Sin wrote:
is your account old enough for the 20 skill points being a vet would give you? a year on EA is a month on on Alexandria.

No, not even close. I had an Alexandria account years ago but it must have been deleted. Both my website account codes were available for me to create 2 accounts recently.
Don't mistake me for a new player, just new to Alexandria. Been playing UO for 10+ yrs, on retail, other Run-UO servers, and even on some Serve Sphere servers back in the day.

Orion Sin wrote:
I would also like to see a purging or a archiving of old dead outdated topics, but its a lot of work.

Purging old posts would be a good idea, but only if the old post is no longer relevant. This thread should be locked in fact, the auto locking feature would lock normal threads with 4 yrs of no posts. But as I did mention, deleting and reposting this thread just might be called for, if in fact the skill / stat gain system has been changed.

If Daemon_is_attacking_you in #journal || ( you_are_attacking in #journal && Daemon in #journal )
Terminate UO
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:42 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Daemon wrote:
Purging old posts would be a good idea, but only if the old post is no longer relevant. This thread should be locked in fact, the auto locking feature would lock normal threads with 4 yrs of no posts. But as I did mention, deleting and reposting this thread just might be called for, if in fact the skill / stat gain system has been changed.

it has been changed recently the 5x5 is out you no longer need movement and with target based skills you no longer need multiple targets.

sslaff said he gmed animal lore on his own pet in no time.

also you need to be 120 days to get all 720 skill points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Anyone have any input on wether or not your total skill points has any effect now, like it was said at the begining of this thread.
Should using we be using soulstones to store skills to make capping others easier?

Terminate UO
}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next