Total players online: 11

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Borno hit it on the head. We can AFK check you if we have the slightest supposition that you MIGHT be farming points AFK in exactly the way borno describes. And what's the big deal if we send you a check? NONE! You didn't get hurt, you didn't lose anything, you're acting like we've accused you of something. No one is accusing anyone of anything... but it's happening. Whether it's you or someone else doesn't matter, no one is exempt from these AFK checks... not even staff who play as players. Sorry to give you a late notice of a policy that had only been in effect for 24 hours or so, but really you need to calm down because it *is* no big deal.

|freeshard magery|s7EquipReplace|||Apache!
|accessability suite: uo chat from your iphone.|s7BoSThis|||php.net

Has one of my scripts ever saved you some time?
Send me a Paypal Donation!

ImageImage

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:09 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

yea guys, bottom line there are a select few(am in no way naming anybody here) that screws things up for everyone, and this is a way for staff to stay on top of things. For me its easy. I've had govenment jobs my whole adult life so if my boss tells me I need to piss in a cup, I dont get mad at him and jump to the conclusion that he is accusing me of smoking dope. Same principal here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:41 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

:lol:

Sephicus
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:48 am 
I understand that crafting skills of Mining, Jacking and Fishing are illegal to UM, as they aqquire you resources.

Is it ok to UM one of these skills, if the script is designed to "trash" the resources?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:17 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
Sephicus wrote:
I understand that crafting skills of Mining, Jacking and Fishing are illegal to UM, as they aqquire you resources.

Is it ok to UM one of these skills, if the script is designed to "trash" the resources?

As far as I remember, it's more or less ok to UM then as long as your skill is pointed up, you have enough free points and generally just level that skill, even if you keep the ressources. That, of course, only counts as long as you actively try to gain skill and not do some stuff like drop the skill once GM and start over just to avoid the UM policy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:07 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Really this post is kinda funny,

their are plenty of players that uming. if any one was honest they would probaly say its a game to them.

the reward is greater than the punishment of being caught.
afk i have failed a few of those by just enviromental issues.
ie, checking on dinner, taking care of my son, (arrggg) wife calls me for something. it happens.

why is this really an issue uming is not the worse thing on this shard to be accused of.

heck i was once picked up for something similar cause i fell asleep on the computer and failed to awnser a gm and woke up in a room with 4 walls and no doors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:47 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
It's quite simple. At the moment, getting caught is not much of a problem.
But eventually it might turn into a problem, if people constantly push the limits. Why are there AFK checks in the first place? Because there are people who simply cannot abide simple rules. That makes life miserable for people who do, resulting in checks and things like that.
I have to stop my script every time I go afk even for a minute or two, because I don't want to risk it. Sure, it's not much of a problem, but as I said. If people constantly push it, it might get worse. And that's definitely something I don't want to risk.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:26 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
thats very well said enola

i was kinda agreeing with you.

i was poking fun at the whole idea that we are getting made that someone got afk checked. big deal scripting is legeal all they ask is that u watch it. alot of players i have seen will run that script while they play on another char in game and go back and forth to make sure its running properly.

big deal you got afk checked.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:57 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Obviously I'm reading this post because I was sent to Del...

I remember the time I 1st got caught UM on an OSI shard, and I was Cursing the hell out of EasyUO for giving candy to a baby... like its all EasyUO's fault... lol That was also like 10 years ago. And then there was the 2nd time... that was fun too. I actually caught the GM in the room reciting his lines... It was funny, as he finished, I said to him... Nice speech, but can I get back to work.... then there was the 3rd time... Hmm possibly some habits forming here... so after the 48 hour ban I decided that macroing on that account was gonna start to suck, So i decided to take a different path to becoming banned on that account by swearing... after 2 slaps from that and 3 from UM I decided to be a good little boy... Its kinda nice to reflect on past bad behaviors... and now as I look @ this slap for UM on a freek'n free shard I'm starting to think... Well who can I blame... lol But just as I thought that I remembered..... I WAS CARVING PUMPKINS... So if you interested in looking at some of my carvings goto.
http://www.pumpkinpersonalities.com/

And also, this forum is kinda funny.

P.S. I guess I have enough ingots to do some bods with, and sell some to fund my Doom char, and maybe someday I'll have a replica of my main on the OSI shard I usta play, and maybe, just maybe... I'll be able to get into UO like I usta...

P.S.S. To curb macroing for Gold maybe you could just bank us 200 million gold... I'm sure that would stop people from farming... JK. obviously

P.S.S.S Selling Ingots real cheep... OK OK enough joking around. I gotta get back to Carving Pumpkins if I'm gonna get 50 of them little bas^#rds done

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:22 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Does Seem Kinda Silly... A Script based shard, that won't let you UM, But I guess I do understand the Danger when you can have scripts that run for days on end without ever messing up and logging your characters in and out.... * Glares Evily at Someone On ICQ*But, At the same Time as someone who works 60+ hours a week the whole Reason I started Scripting was to Free up my time from getting wood, ingots, etc etc... So I could PvP and do Peerless More.

Luckily Dual Screening So I could watch the Screen on Alexandria While I kick the **+(*&*)( Out of people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:40 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Think I'm going to start Playing tonight :). Don't Be surprised if you see a lumberjacker Running around Called Mwinc. Or can I fit Man Whore Inc. Doubt It will let me Put Whore... Although on OSI I've Seen Some PRetty Dirty names

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:32 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

I'm still carving pumpkins, but this time my char is only sitting @ my house, nothing else... Would smelting UM be ok? because I hate smelting ingots. Id rather do it when I am sleeping... even if my macro drops 90% of them to the ground... I gotta get back to carving pumpkins. Plus my dog wants out...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:45 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
MWinc wrote:
Think I'm going to start Playing tonight :). Don't Be surprised if you see a lumberjacker Running around Called Mwinc. Or can I fit Man Whore Inc. Doubt It will let me Put Whore... Although on OSI I've Seen Some PRetty Dirty names

They renamed my character named Afro Ninja. I doubt you'll be able to have a character named that.

(RIP Stretch Nutts)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:13 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

WMinc If you come here I suggest joining the pvp ventrillo server where your fellow UO vets reside, anything else would be rude and unadvisable.

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next