Alexandria Uptime: 51.42 Days
Total players online: 3

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:34 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

for a laugh - had one of these come up a couple weeks back at like 2a while I was fighting Baracoon on my other computer. My eyes were soooo blury that I could barely read the characters in all of their flashing displays. Everytime I'd just about focused in on them, BAM, they changed colors!!

Anyhow, I made it safely, killed coon and slept like a baby :lol:

so that just goes to show that when you're completely tired, a little drunken and totally distracted, you can still properly sign in :P

Kharzhak

Dont live off the backs of other hard working UO-ians. If you do, youre just lame.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
I couldn't make it to the vent meeting earlier, but one of my suggestions I would like to point out to staff is I would like to have more staff interaction, whether this is in game or in the forums.

I would like staff to post more on their updates and changes to game mechanics and even on policy. I think this is a great shard, but when you read the forums of other shards, it really puts our great shard at a great disadvantage. If you want to attract more players, we need more of this, anyways back on the purpose of my post.

I was AFK checked, not a big deal. I get them from time to time. Usually I pass it, especially when I AM actually scripting something. I was AFK checked after the OC game finished like 10+ mins (roughly) today. I was not happy with that.

1. I can tell you exactly who was at the games
2. I can tell you the guy ranked to warrior today and got his chaos weapons.
3. I moved myself outside the base when the game finished.

So if this is a new policy checking people being afk after the games or at the games, that is fine. But checking people afk there after the games is NOT right, unless you publicly say to people "Warzone, not afk at anytime.", then fine. Besides, after the game is finishes, that area is not even considered "War Zone" anymore.

I went afk after banking my token into the book to set up this poorly instructed fantasy football league. After signing up, I have no clue what to do there btw.

Anyways, when I had the afk gump pop up, it was long after the games, no points were being given out, hence this cannot be considered farming?

For future reference, if the game was in fact going on, but youre not running on a script, and was simply afk there, does this have grounds for being afk checked? You need to deeply think about this. When there are no opponents there, its a pain to sit there watching your game screen for 30 mins. most people go afk.

And also, please do not go into the details of my scripts, theres no denial that i am the one who have scripts, but what i am more concerned is your grounds on afk checking people. You can't just go afk checking people when the game is not even on and no scripts were running, that is NOT right. The last time I checked, this is the UMing policy, where did the "Ming" kick into play in this scenario?

If you don't know how to check whether the game is on, you better figure a way out because there is something very wrong with this new policy and the way it is being carried out.

Im not in a habit of posting on forums and bitching about things, but if there is a change in policy, I feel the least you could do if announce it on the forums, at least for the interactions between players sake.

Its all cool with me, being penned not a big deal (gives me more practice to improve my script), just getting some points straight. Hard days of work everyone, get some good rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Warzone, not afk at anytime.

There. I said it. Next step is automated AFK checks if the game isn't running. I don't like people farming points. Or we make the area off limits if the game isn't running.

|freeshard magery|s7EquipReplace|||Apache!
|accessability suite: uo chat from your iphone.|s7BoSThis|||php.net

Has one of my scripts ever saved you some time?
Send me a Paypal Donation!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
Thank you, at least you said it and cleared it up.

As much as you don't like people farming for points, or what ever measures you would like to take in your next step, the least you could have done before putting this into effect is to let people know about it. It was not right to check people being afk after the games, while they were not even running on a script, it was not even a warzone at that time. I paged the GM the second the uming web page opened up, so I can't exactly be afk can I? This falls out of the Uming policy. What ever changes you make, I can live with it and adjust my play styles to it, its not a big deal, but you have to let it be known if you are going to act based on a policy. You make it sound like you can change the law because something is not up to your appetite and you can jail people without letting people know the law has been changed.

You should put the warzone off limits if the game is not on then, because some people do go afk there. You cannot farm points if the game is not on anyways.

I am posting to your reply because i feel there was something wrong on what had been done. Don't get me wrong though, I have all respect for you and your staff / crew.

Again, I dont like to bitch about things that doesnt suit my style, and this is not even the case. I have been afk checked numerous time, I have even been penned before. Have I posted about it? No. Its because I felt I was caught red handed and that was fair enough. I am posting because I feel something has been wrongly done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:27 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I like the idea, good job and keep up the good work. No more weaseling points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Why would you page? Just answer the gump. It's not hard if you're there, it's no big deal.

I wasn't the one who AFK Checked you. Whoever did it felt that there was good reason to (we don't just run around AFK checking everyone, but we don't go vis just to say "hellooooo, heloooooooo" either. We have checked tons of people who were legitimately mining/fishing/gathering resources, and they pass. This is the point of this.) If you get the AFK gump, there's a reason.

People sitting AFK farming points was brought up internally very recently and it was decided that it is OK that we can check people for doing this. Sure, maybe YOU weren't this time, but whatever your actions were (hidden, not there, in the warzone) warranted someone sending you the gump.

At some level people must realize that what they're doing falls under the UM policy. Leaving a character in the warzone when they aren't playing to become visible when the game starts by means of a script, to gain points. Points = resource, not there = unattended.

|freeshard magery|s7EquipReplace|||Apache!
|accessability suite: uo chat from your iphone.|s7BoSThis|||php.net

Has one of my scripts ever saved you some time?
Send me a Paypal Donation!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:16 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
The person who afk checked me - Donald, said he doesnt know how to find out whether a game has been taking place or not.

His reason to afk check me was because he was instructed to afk people who appear in the warzone. So he afk checked me because I was simply there. The game was long finsihed when he did that. Therefore, not "Warzone". Warzone is when the game is taking place.

I did not answer the afk check because I was not expecting one? make sense? the game was not on? get it? I paged because i think it was unreasonable to be afk checked when no points were given out, when there was no evidence at all the points were being farmed? understand? Maybe you forgot to instruct him to NOT forget the fundamentals of afk checking people and that is to see if the game is even on and points were given out?

I was not expected to be afk checked when the game had been finished? See my point? Check your AFK record and match it to the game time, I wont even bother arguing with you when you dont even have your points and facts straight.

I think i have the sufficient intelligence to understand where it falls into the afk policy, and I also believe that you guys have the intelligence to determine whether someone if uming for points. Donald told me to post here about it.

I have no problem with you guys afk checking people. But when you afk check people when the game is not even on, that is the problem. Where and how exactly does being afk after the game considered farming points?

Game ended long ago = no points were given out at that time = not mining for resources = unattended for no particular purpose what so ever = afk checking people = WRONG

Game is progress = points given out = resources given out.
AFK = unattended
Therefore: Unattended for resources

I didnt think our intelligence needed to word things like this for us to understand.

Last edited by i-Bite on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:38 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the new policy was stated that there was to be no more afk'ing in the combat zone. Nothing was stated about weather or not the games were going on, or ghosts so lets just assume that those particular situations apply as well. It is possible for someone to write a script to stay logged in the war zone, then raid to the shrine once the message appears in their journal, right? I dont think anybody is implicating you of this, but its possible for anybody to do it.

PS wash your face wish some warm water and relax. Geeesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:47 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
I am not complaining about the new policy, I am complaining that staff afk checked me when they had no grounds to it. I can live and play with what ever is provided.

It's easy for them to say, "not such a big problem to answer the afk gump is it? you have a BIG 90 seconds to do so". Yes, I agree, but why the afk check in the first place.

Admit you had poor judgment on afk checking people and I would feel much better. I feel like Im being framed for things I did not do and I am going to stand up for it until I get a good explanation I am satisfied with.

Last edited by i-Bite on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

its no big deal pentax as far as i know noones ever been perma banned for UM even if you werent running a script and stuff and got put in the pen it really doesnt matter at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:56 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
Thanks sendo, I know its no big deal.

I'm sorry but thats just the way I am. If Donald would even have said "I sorry, my mistake", I wouldnt have even posted jack about it. But when I post about it and staff reply with attitudes such as "No big deal, just answer the gump" or "New policy, there. Got it? Don't like it? I'll change even more" then thats totally out of order imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:04 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

i-Bite wrote:
Thanks sendo, I know its no big deal.

I'm sorry but thats just the way I am. If Donald would even have said "I sorry, my mistake", I wouldnt have even posted jack about it. But when I post about it and staff reply with attitudes such as "No big deal, just answer the gump" or "New policy, there. Got it? Don't like it? I'll change even more" then thats totally out of order imo.

well guess were just of different mindsets then.

id like them to define rules better to cover most instances but that prolly wont happen. so occasionally some people might get AFK gumped when not UM happens not a big deal. maybe complain about it for a sec in vent and get on with the gaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:09 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
ah well, i dont care. youre right sendo, let it go. maybe i just had over expectations from people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next