Total players online: 4

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

-Players can now earn points for voting via UO Vote Vase at Luna Bank (limited to once per 24 hours) - 75 points per vote
    -Players will also earn points for accumulative login time (up to 125 per day)
    -Points are specific to an account. This system does not support linked accounts
    -Players can use points to redeem many new decoration items, available only through this system
    -Three tier reward system...Players can use their points on decoration items, or save up for a tier 3 reward.
    -Points are redeemed from the decorator NPC

Reward Guide:

A player earns points 2 different ways:
1. Votes - limited to 1 every 24 hours worth 125 points.
2. Login Time - Login time is checked at server startup, and every 24 hours thereafter, and when a player logs out. Once they have accumulated 24 hours at a login time check, they recieve 125 points.

At the 24 hour login check, a random player that has a player points entry (they are auto assigned one when they hit the UO Vote Vase) will recieve a random deco item.

2% chance tier 2 deco item
5% chance at an "ultimate player vase" which looks like the UO Vote vase
93% chance tier 1 deco

Tier 1 and 2 are primarily deco items.

Tier 3:
Strange Ore (This does something really awesome, but it's a secret)
Bandage Pouch
Fountain of Life
Dawns Music Box
Tune Forge Schematic
BOD Mailbox Schematic
Runic Dull Copper- Agapite Hammer
Runic Spined - Barbed Sewing Kit
Runic Oak - Heartwood Saw
Runic Oak - Heartwood Fletcher Tools

Look at the DecoVendor for info on prices for these items.

Send me a Paypal donation!

Last edited by CEO on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:35 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Be sure to visit the new decorator or vote with the new vase to start getting credit for your time logged in! There is a rune at Luna Bank, as well as a spot in the Moongate Library just east of Luna Bank to find the decorator! Also, you can view the new deco items by visiting the decorator by double clicking her!

A couple things to note:

-You must be 3 tiles from the UO Vase to vote and get credit.
-If you're not eligable for points from the vase, you will be notified when you can next vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Updated with points info.

Send me a Paypal donation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:43 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

You can use 'mypoints to find out how many points your account has. Also, as I've posted, you will not start recieving points for login time until you've either voted via the vote vase in Luna, or you have visited the Decoration NPC in Zento. There is currently a gate in Luna that leads to the NPC for the time being. All decoration items can be viewed by double clicking the Decoration NPC.

Alexandria, the Official EasyUO Freeshard

Post subject: Re: Player Points System
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:20 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Reward Guide:

A player earns points 2 different ways:
1. Votes - limited to 1 every 24 hours worth 125 points.
2. Login Time - Login time is checked at server startup, and every 24 hours thereafter, and when a player logs out. Once they have accumulated 24 hours at a login time check, they recieve 125 points.

At the 24 hour login check, a random player that has a player points entry (they are auto assigned one when they hit the UO Vote Vase) will recieve a random deco item.

2% chance tier 2 deco item
5% chance at an "ultimate player vase" which looks like the UO Vote vase
93% chance tier 1 deco

Tier 1 and 2 are primarily deco items.

Tier 3:
Strange Ore (This does something really awesome, but it's a secret)
Bandage Pouch
Fountain of Life
Dawns Music Box
Tune Forge Schematic
BOD Mailbox Schematic
Runic Dull Copper- Agapite Hammer
Runic Spined - Barbed Sewing Kit
Runic Oak - Heartwood Saw
Runic Oak - Heartwood Fletcher Tools

Look at the DecoVendor for info on prices for these items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:39 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

The runics fill me with rage and I don't even play...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:26 pm 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

You don't get them over night. If you saw how long it takes to get a high end runic, you would feel better :)

Also, the highest obtainable smith runic with this system is an agapite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:59 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I don't understand why it is being encouraged to stay logged into the server 24/7. Alexandria, seriously, has a full-time player base of < 10 players, there's more inactive players logged in 24/7 at any given time than there are players on and actually playing. This looks like shit for anyone who comes to Alexandria for the 1st time.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, allowing someone to stay logged in 24/7 and accumulate points towards getting items, is against the server rules in general. It's unattended farming.

If Daemon_is_attacking_you in #journal || ( you_are_attacking in #journal && Daemon in #journal )
Terminate UO
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:15 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Daemon wrote:
I don't understand why it is being encouraged to stay logged into the server 24/7. Alexandria, seriously, has a full-time player base of < 10 players, there's more inactive players logged in 24/7 at any given time than there are players on and actually playing. This looks like crap for anyone who comes to Alexandria for the 1st time.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, allowing someone to stay logged in 24/7 and accumulate points towards getting items, is against the server rules in general. It's unattended farming.

This. So much this. This * 1000 ^ 1000.

There is a difference between MORE PLAYERS and HIGHER ONLINE COUNT, and players CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:35 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
i dont think players should be able to sit arund and gather points either that is kinda like farming i think a afk check should count then too but thats just me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

No. They can earn points while playing, as well. There is no "idle" requirement. The items obtained through this system were discussed by staff for an extended period of time, so yes, a lot of thought went into it. They(the rewards), for the most part, are harmless decoration items. Some, top tier items, are useful but take a very long time to get.

I'm failing to see where staff has encouraged anyone to sit AFK at the bank. Keep in mind, there are servers that give out gold, and a good amount, for voting on the UOGateway site. choosing a grandfather clock as a reward for voting 30 days in a row will not wreck the economy like passing out 30k checks will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:35 am 
Elder Scripter
Elder Scripter

Groups:
ok i dont see the problem with this system. To me this system is used to up the # of online players on the UOgateway site. 30+ avg online looks a whole lot better to someone looking for a new shard than a shard with 8 players avg online. The afk players do not harm the shard in the least they make the shard more appealing to a new comer - once the new player arrives they may frown on it but by then they are already here.

none of the rewards are over powered - sheesh even an aggy hammer isnt that great (and will take for ever to get). ever used an aggy hammer on lexia? you can be online for months before you get the aggy hammer and then use it and get crap anyway.

people just need something to complain about i swear - look at the shard today compared to a few months ago. there are more signs of life now than there have been in ages.....

Your father was a hampster and you mother smells of elderberries!

[/best movie in the history of time]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

If only the bank sitting would happen at the Brit bank. That would be awesome. ;) I really hate Luna.