Total players online: 9



Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:11 pm 
Offline
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff
User avatar

Joined: 06/08/2003 21:08
Posts: 6412

Due to numerous players losing their soulstones, due to essentially stupidity in not locking them down and being careful with 100 points or so of a hard-earned skill;

and whearas numerous players then want replacement soulstones;

and whearas numerous players then want their lost skills replaced;

and whearas all of this is a total waste of staff time/manpower, and demands great amounts of research to keep from being BSed and exploited;

and whearas I am no longer willing to extend my unqualified trust;

THEREFORE:
1. If you lose your soulstone, it will NOT BE REPLACED!
2. If you lose your skills ON your lost soulstone, THEY WILL NOT BE REPLACED
3. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR SOULSTONE AND SKILLS!!!!
4. DON'T WHINE and blame others if YOU MESS THIS UP!

UPDATE 2009:
You can now get replacement Stones by paying 1 millon gold to the Mystic in Serpents Hold (the guy you get them from). This acticon wil delete your current stones and issue you new, empty stones.

_________________
Scripts:
Rails: RailWriter | Tutorial
Taming + Ad-ons: UltraTamer | HealthWatch | Defend | Looter
Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:45 am 
Offline
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 07/01/2003 06:22
Posts: 3484

Good Policy RK!
Here's my tips to soulstone users to prevent their loss since they can't be replaced now.

  • Store your Soulstones in a secure
    • No more worries about forgetting to lock it down again

  • When you need to use your Soulstone
    • drag Soulstone from secure to your pack
    • do your thing
    • drag Soulstone back to secure


Now once your 'Soul' is lost, it's lost! «

The :twisted: doesn't give your soul back!

_________________
EUO Member since: April 8, 2002
Image
Image
TBM Scripts: sub Click Runebook Location | sub moveItem


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:43 pm 
Offline
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 05/27/2004 13:55
Posts: 54
Location: Oklahoma (next to a pine tree)

Groups:
What if you find some at a house fall??


Top
  Profile 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:57 pm 
Offline
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff
User avatar

Joined: 06/08/2003 21:08
Posts: 6412

they are linked to accounts, not usable if not yours.

_________________
Scripts:
Rails: RailWriter | Tutorial
Taming + Ad-ons: UltraTamer | HealthWatch | Defend | Looter
Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:06 pm 
Offline
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 05/27/2004 13:55
Posts: 54
Location: Oklahoma (next to a pine tree)

Groups:
true I can either give it to Admint or GM or can use as deco. it was at house fall near minoc Moongate. Owner might want it back (or not). Let me know im in Luna Bank at the moment


Top
  Profile 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 am 
Offline
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 11/22/2004 10:00
Posts: 1324

Groups:
aye agree with Roadkill. I think we should be responsible for your own belongings. Good practise for your real life as well.

Loose your wallet and its gone :P

_________________
Image


Top
  Profile 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:45 am 
Offline
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 07/12/2005 14:59
Posts: 3544

i think the soulstone script should be modded to just read the server and if there isnt 2 soulstones for ur account [ since the are bound upon receiving ] on the entire shard the mystic will jus replace one/both.

im sure that could be done.

people make mistakes, in real life as well as on a game. accidents happen.
no reason to punish people for messing up unless its a constant problem with a single person.

just my 2 cents.


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 am 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: 08/12/2003 07:28
Posts: 18963
Location: Switzerland

Feel free to provide a RunUO-C#-suggestion on this... ;)

_________________
EUO Member and postwhore since: 19th Dezember, 2002; Loosing on freeshard Alexandria since: 5th January, 2005
Searches cure for cancer since: 17th November, 2003 on GRID.org & Worldcommunitygrid.org
Made scripts for Project 'Programmers for Alexandria' worth 50$
Image
Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:59 am 
Offline
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Joined: 12/06/2004 16:48
Posts: 324

Groups:
Paladin wrote:
i think the soulstone script should be modded to just read the server and if there isnt 2 soulstones for ur account [ since the are bound upon receiving ] on the entire shard the mystic will jus replace one/both.

im sure that could be done.

people make mistakes, in real life as well as on a game. accidents happen.
no reason to punish people for messing up unless its a constant problem with a single person.

just my 2 cents.


With that logic, where does it stop? Someone messes up and somehow loses their house.... so it should be replaced by the GMs? I go out with my 100%LRC 1000 Luck suit and lose connection and die. When I log back in it is gone. They should replace that, too. Right? If you start replacing one thing because of a mistake, you have to replace everything. And I think everyone would agree that cannot and will not happen.


Top
  Profile 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:59 am 
Offline
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 11/22/2004 10:00
Posts: 1324

Groups:
hmm... well....

i dont see that as a punishment somehow, just a consequence and a result for your owns actions.

_________________
Image


Top
  Profile 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:55 am 
Offline
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff
User avatar

Joined: 06/08/2003 21:08
Posts: 6412

I wouldn't mind tweaking the soulstone code. You do the work though, what's best, make them loottype blessed, usable outside the backpack locked down, what?

_________________
Scripts:
Rails: RailWriter | Tutorial
Taming + Ad-ons: UltraTamer | HealthWatch | Defend | Looter
Item Work: UltraEnhancer | UltraOrganizer
Pets: UltraPetFighter
Treasure Hunting: Map Identifier | Treasure Hunter | RKSpotAutoWalker

Information:
New Users: Basic Required Reading for New Users
Speeches: My Consolidated Useful Speeches
Script Library: My Script Library


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:10 am 
Offline
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 07/01/2003 06:22
Posts: 3484

Roadkill wrote:
I wouldn't mind tweaking the soulstone code. You do the work though, what's best, make them loottype blessed, usable outside the backpack locked down, what?


Loottype = Blessed ? YES
No one can use them other than acct holder anyway so no need in losing them this way... just cause headaches for no reason.
Don't know why someone would be running around with them on their character though.

Useable Locations?
As long as it's a safe area, useable could be from backpack, secure pack, locked down.
Don't allow it to be used unless it is one of those that way no one will forget to lock it down or place in secure. ;)

_________________
EUO Member since: April 8, 2002
Image
Image
TBM Scripts: sub Click Runebook Location | sub moveItem


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:22 am 
Offline
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 07/12/2005 14:59
Posts: 3544

Myserly wrote:
I go out with my 100%LRC 1000 Luck suit and lose connection and die


No thats different - u should insure something that good :lol:


but ok how about a simpler solution : couldnt u all just make all soulstones have property decay = false and replace the ones people have already lost??

just another idea


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:03 am 
Offline
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Joined: 07/23/2004 08:54
Posts: 271
Location: Michigan

Myserly wrote:
Paladin wrote:
i think the soulstone script should be modded to just read the server and if there isnt 2 soulstones for ur account [ since the are bound upon receiving ] on the entire shard the mystic will jus replace one/both.

im sure that could be done.

people make mistakes, in real life as well as on a game. accidents happen.
no reason to punish people for messing up unless its a constant problem with a single person.

just my 2 cents.


With that logic, where does it stop? Someone messes up and somehow loses their house.... so it should be replaced by the GMs? I go out with my 100%LRC 1000 Luck suit and lose connection and die. When I log back in it is gone. They should replace that, too. Right? If you start replacing one thing because of a mistake, you have to replace everything. And I think everyone would agree that cannot and will not happen.


It's possible to get all that again in game.. it's not possible to get another set of soul stones.. ever.. So no the logic is not as you say. It's suggesting an item be replaced because it can never be recieved again.

Soul Stones being locked to 1 account, no one else ever allowed to use, you never get another set.. Implies you can not lose them. It is common to think you can leave them unlocked since you can't use them while they are locked.

I've lost my stones also.. I had no skill on them wouldn't want any skill replaced.. but we should have the ability to regain our stones.

As for Scripting: There are global commands that can check an items properties.. you can set up mystic with a global delete soustone where account = to user trying to get new stones.. that should delete the users old stones (If they are trying to cheat system and get morethen 2) and then have it give him two.. of course I would suggest you use a pop up to warn him any other stones he may have will be deleted and skill lost if he/she proceeds...

That's my two cents.. I'd like to try the soul stones.. but I got em.. Went home locked em down.. couldn't use em.. unlocked em.. Checked it's menu and went about my day. To come home and find them gone.

_________________
/\*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - *\/
= = = = = = = = = = = = MESSENGER POLICY = = = = = = = = = = = = =
If you wish to Message me using an Instant messenger You are required to
PM me here for prior permission, Anyone sending me an instant message
without prior approval will find themselves Blocked on said messenger
AND Ignored in these forums.
= = = = = = = = = = = = =This is NON-Negotiable! = = = = = = = = = = = = =
/\*- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - *\/


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:21 am 
Offline
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter
User avatar

Joined: 07/01/2003 06:22
Posts: 3484

RedSatiin wrote:
As for Scripting: There are global commands that can check an items properties.. you can set up mystic with a global delete soustone where account = to user trying to get new stones.. that should delete the users old stones (If they are trying to cheat system and get morethen 2) and then have it give him two.. of course I would suggest you use a pop up to warn him any other stones he may have will be deleted and skill lost if he/she proceeds...


Not a bad idea at all... now for someone to code it... ;)

_________________
EUO Member since: April 8, 2002
Image
Image
TBM Scripts: sub Click Runebook Location | sub moveItem


Top
  ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Hosted by CalWeb Internet Services, Inc.