Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Tale of the Three
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Gather 'round lads and lasses, and bear witness to the Tale of the Three!

It all started on rather still night, where Drow and Snive were passing time in the local tavern. All was well, yet rather uneventful. As they enjoyed their pints, there was a whisper on the wind: "We are doing a Harrower, why don't you raid us?"

It may have been the spirits, or it may have been the effect of a hint of insanity, but Snive set off to find out whether or not the rumors of a Harrower were true. Sure enough, the stench of the beast was noticed beyond the mouth of the dungeon. Upon closer analysis, the beast was under siege!

Panting as he burst through the door, Snive reported his findings. With a wild look in his eyes, Drow shouted, "LETS KILL 'EM!"

They made their way to the dungeon, Drow led by Snive. Snive chose to watch closely from the shadows, while Drow charged straight in, disregarding Snive's warnings of being grossly outnumbered. Drow soon found that she was wildly out numbered, easily 10-1. With no more than pure shock on her face, she ran from the dungeon like the devil himself were after her. 'Round the mountain they chased her, until due to what seemed like an unexpected time warp, (lag) she was able to juke her would-be murderers. A few more times she would dive into the dungeon, only to be chased out once again. She was able to unleash some of her fury upon a rather scruffy-looking fellow his companions called Oxide. He ran back to alert the others, and as Drow chased him, she found herself surrounded by many hostiles yet again. One last time she took off, eventually getting away. As all hope seemed lost, a voice rang out. It was almost like the clouds parted, and an angel was placed on the ground before Drow.

Illidan was his name, and upon further inspection, Drow realized he was more of a demon than an angel. He carried the mark of a murderer, yet Drow seemed oddly safe in his presence. The appearance of Illidan inspired Snive to spring into action, and now The Three were assembled.

The plan was simple, yet the odds were out of this world. Cause as much chaos as possible, and try to lay those terrorizing the Harrower to eternal rest. As Drow, Illidan, and Snive dove into the dungeon, there was an aura of optimism enveloping The Three. This was quickly extinguished as they were pushed back out of the dungeon and quickly introduced to the dirt. After this, Drow's steed refused to listen to her, she no longer belonged to the faction in which it obeyed. Unfortunately, she was left to fend on the ground, at a clear disadvantage. She never gave up, yet was no longer much of a threat to the others. Snive and Illidan continued the charge, and Drow helped as much as she could. One of the aggressors, named Sharkster, seemed to be the most wanted, as he was most often the target of The Three's spells and swords. A few times he met the earth with a sickly thud, but no sooner as his face met the ground was life restored to him by his comrades. Fighting continued, and The Three were beaten down countless times. Snive and Illidan hatched a plan to drag some of the dungeon's inhabitants to where the mob was killing the Harrower, so they did. The result was not as they hoped, for the dragons felt more anger to The Three than for the dungeons' aggressors. Eventually, the Harrower was defeated, and Order left victorious. The Three were clearly the Spartans, however, they forgot their shields. Their spears were still sharp and effective, however, without their shields, they were defenseless against the hoard, and failed.

Twas a good fight, I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Drow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

That is some excellent commentary right there folks.

I tried to come into the Order vent to talk after the fight, but my mac apparently can't use whatever anti-chaos codec that you have installed so I couldn't hear or speak!! (apparently it's a known issue with mac ventrilo), or my silly useless windows emulator.

But, to sum up my comments - that was probably the most fun I've ever had in a losing battle! Just wait until I get a mouse.... :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Haha yeah, you were terribly outnumbered like i said.

Was cool you guys showed up though, :)

@ Drow- Your pickin on me because I didnt die? :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Wankr wrote:
@ Drow- Your pickin on me because I didnt die? :P

YES! I was trying so hard to kill ya, but being off a steed and all kinda hinders one's pvping abilities :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Lol yeah, you were on foot pretty much the whole time. Thanks for fighting tho it was cool.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
*Big Thumbs UP*

This is the spirit and the type of post we would like to see more on the forums, regardless of which winning party it was.

Cookie for you !
*edit* Man, that is big cookie lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

That is a fantastic cookie actually...

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
It was so fun, wish I would have had more of an even 1v1 considering I was on foot, but I do understand you were doing a Harry :)

I lost over 30k in insurance! :O That was an expensive night around the town! (but it took about an hour to make back so its all good) :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

thats a big cookie !!!