Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ideas on a fel char
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:23 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
I want to build a fel char. i doubt i would do that great on a mage so im leaning towards a meleer. I know i need magic resist, and the basic melee skills. but what else is everyone using? I thought maybe about poison but isnt that easily cured? id like to see some templates. seems like i keep hearing about archers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
If you GM poisoning and start Lethaling instead of DP'ing, it wont get cured as often.

Axia often kills me to his Lethal Poison in the fights we have, based on the fact that I can sometimes burn through 4-5 cure pots and not cure it.

Post subject: Re: ideas on a fel char
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
what about those umm dam what are they called the petals ive seen they dont instantly cure level 5?? and on the level 4s (poison) is it hard to cure for you or does it go through everytime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:50 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

petals cover lvl 4 and down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
Ahh i see. But doesnt having posion really drop your damage output. Cause im guessing your dropping tactics or lowering to have posion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
On a dexxer yes, most of the time people drop Tactics and use a fast swinging weapon. (See Axia's butcher knife)

At this stage tho, i'd take a step back and look at the PvP scene, will you be in O/C? <-- this is an important question being that Order and Chaos have 2 very different play styles.

Against a mage, tactics doesn't matter, because you will probably fizzle a mage enough over time to kill them.

Against a dexxer, I would drop Resist spells and put on Tactics.

Everything has an Up and Down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:13 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
what about chivalry? do chaos people stay away from it because of negative karma? is chivalry even used at all in pvp? main two spells i can think of that would be useful is consecrate weapon and remove curse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:38 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

prostkr wrote:

this is incorrect orange petals do not cure anything but lesser poison they drop the poison by 1 level. if its lethal it becomes deadly instead if its deadly it becomes greater and so on if its lesser it becomes none because there is no lvl 0 poison.

Wankr wrote:
At this stage tho, i'd take a step back and look at the PvP scene, will you be in O/C? <-- this is an important question being that Order and Chaos have 2 very different play styles.

not really both sides have people of various templates

tug1225 wrote:
what about chivalry? do chaos people stay away from it because of negative karma? is chivalry even used at all in pvp? main two spells i can think of that would be useful is consecrate weapon and remove curse.

remove curse is a joke it will cost you more mana to remove than it would cost for them to cast it twice on you and they will have more mana than any warrior could since people casting curse are usually mages. consecrate wep can be powerfull tho since allot of people have holes in thier suits.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:15 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Sendo wrote:
prostkr wrote:

this is incorrect orange petals do not cure anything but lesser poison they drop the poison by 1 level. if its lethal it becomes deadly instead if its deadly it becomes greater and so on if its lesser it becomes none because there is no lvl 0 poison.

You are somewhat correct. They don't cure they make you immune to up to level 4 poison for 5 minutes per petal (you have to eat it before you get poisoned) and they do not have a cool down timer. Unless this shard has extremely different rules?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
Ok sendo. So basically you dont need very much chivalry in pvp. consecrate weapon and maybe divine fury to get your stamina back? what about necro, any reasons to throw it into a meleer template. i wouldnt think anyone would be in forms since you will take mega damage from a undead slayer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

You should avoid divine fury if you can, It also reduces your defense chance. Red pots and a good chugging script are your friend. 60 is a decent number for chiv.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:54 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

tug1225 wrote:
I want to build a fel char. i doubt i would do that great on a mage so im leaning towards a meleer. I know i need magic resist, and the basic melee skills. but what else is everyone using? I thought maybe about poison but isnt that easily cured? id like to see some templates. seems like i keep hearing about archers.

If you want easy kills, play an archer, most beginners have no trouble adapting to this. Melee'ers require a bit more of skill, and good situational awareness. Mages require the most amount of skill and take a long time to learn this, and situational awareness is key. The upside to them, is once this is acquired, mages can be a truely formidable foe. This is all in respect to group fighting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:01 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Chiv is a good skill, not many use. Sendo is wrong, remove curse is a HUGE spell if you have the smallest amount of timing to use it without being fizzled. You can effectively remove 5+ curses or debuffs, something that can take forver (if your not killed trying to do so) to do, and have them all removed in a fraction of the time it took to apply them.

FC4 Chiv on a dexxer can be one of the best ways to stay alive, the problem is writing a healing script that wont get you killed. In other words, thats impossible, therefore most dexxers wont even bother since most of their healing is virtually 100% automated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I will post my 2 cents, since I pvp/have pvped actively on nearly all possible templates (archers, dexxers, necros, mages, etc)

Archer:

Pros - Great for damage output and easy to target foes in combat. If you have a spotty connection like I currently do, you can still hit people without having to stay right next to them.
Cons - Very gear dependent. If you play an archer but don't have lots of high dex increase items and a good bow, you will swing slowly and not do a lot of damage. Archers also cannot use the Parry skill, meaning they are hit more than regular dexxers. Archers have to disarm their bow to use potions, negating their offense for a couple seconds while the swing timer resets.

Melee Dexxer:
Pros - These guys are tanks! With parry and high dex, you will not get hit by many archers or other dexxers. High damage output is also possible with the right skills/weapons. Add Bushido for a defensive template, add ninjitsu or necro for an offensive template. Add focus for a mana driven template, or add chiv for a few slight buffs during combat!
Cons - Must stay right on their target's toes to hit them. This can be a big problem if you don't have a great connection. Good mages are also able to get out of range or heal through most melee dexxers straight damage output. Again, this template is highly gear dependent and if you don't have high dex you will heal and swing very slowly, making you toast against mages.

Mage:
Pros - Undoubtedly the most versatile characters in the game, mages have 64 spells, many of which are useful in various capacities. In the field, mages have summons and field spells, which neuter most dexxer types. Mages can also invis and teleport, allowing them to escape danger easily. Mage damage spells never miss unless they are fizzled, and mages can easily destroy opponents who negate magic resist on their templates. Gear, while still helpful, is not essential to be a great mage as much as it is to be a great dexxer.
Cons - Mages can be fizzled, completely negating the spell they are casting. This is especially a problem in field pvp where you encounter several opponents attacking at once. It is difficult for mages to fit parry into their template, making it easier for dexxers/archers to strike them. Mages also do have a big learning curve, because of the vast number of spells/hotkeys they can use in various situations.

So that's the summary....depending on your playstyle and connection, EACH of these templates can work for you. In fact, having played all of them (and many versions of each), I can say that ANY of them have a chance at winning against each other. That is where personal skill comes in! Good luck and see you in fel or o/c!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
all good points. i can see positive and negagtive either way. I doubt i could play a mage except like said above in a group. Archer would be easy of course and i could see that they would be agrivating to fight since they can stay out of your striking distance if your a meleer. so i can see why everyone hates them lol :P with the chivalry would you really need the remove curse if you have high magic resist?