Total players online: 11

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Balance!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:01 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Archer runs on screen (Well, barely). Armor ignores for 58 damage a split second prior to me casting curse. As the target cursor appears, I can make the decision to either curse him, heal myself, or run. It doesnt matter because a half of a split second later, seemingly as the targeting cursor appears, the second armor ignore hits. 116 damage in the time I cast a curse. Same with the ever slower spell of corpse skin. This scenario happened 6 times in the span of 15 minutes, 4 times I was killed the other two my 3 guildmates saved my ass.

Most of Order have gone to playing archers now. This is sad. This reminds me of when Mondain's Legacy came out on OSI.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject: Re: Balance!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I see lots of archers on the scene sure, but I see very few effective ones. More times than not 2 archers are getting dominated by one dexxer.

But I really dont want to get into this debate again, It'll just result in another locked thread like all of the past ones. Besides, I thought it was against the rules to reopen a locked thread? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

most in order feel their primary pvp'er is obsolete since they cant dish out nearly the damage in the amount of time an archer can. They're thinking is, why sit there and get killed in two shots when they can deal that type of damage; after all, when you drop your opponent that fast, it increases your odds of survival that much more. You cannot argue this point as I've spoken with them about this. Sslaff, though complains about his connection, miraculously outruns me unless he gets hit by one of those random lag spikes (in which we all do). I call BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

i call BS that i raided a spawn and a guy on foot in wraith form was able to cast greater heal in between shots of my bow even tho i had 184 stamina at the time. i had to call someone else over to help me kill him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Trying to raid Grave feeder and Axia? Your swinging at 1.5 secs with a 30 ssi composite, greater heal takes 1.25 to cast. He must have sweet timing.

AI needs a cap. I don't think it needs to be as low as 35, perhaps 45 would be a fair trade.

I went down twice last nite in less than 3 seconds with 120 parry 120 Bushido holding a 2 handed wep with 30dci. My guy has 123 hit points while buffed. What else can I do? I cant deal enough damage to ever kill anyone, but I have a defense template that cant even stay alive?

This is driving players away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
There are good days and bad days. Some days you win, some days you loose. We see a lot of posts from the Order side on the forums on the loosing days, and hardly any posts on their winning days.

1. Your whole team of 4 collapsed in front of our 2 archers yesterday because you all scatter around the place. Your team lacked focus attack, and lack the cross healing because you all decide to not play mages.

2. You went down twice because you had 2 archers on you with no one to back you up.

3. Borno died 4 times because he was on his own - when he dropped.

4. When the game finished, and you had to rez in luna, you all came back to the O/C arena One by One, again, NO team work, NO formation, NO tactics, NO back up, NO cross healing, and it only results in a death once again.

In summary:
A) No team work
B) No Formation
C) No Cross Healing
D) No Back Up - scatter all over the place.

Some days the Chaos side are also equally pittyfully crap at their game but when we loose a battle, we look at the above factors and discuss how we can become better next time, rather then running to the forums and yapping off. Because if numbers were even and you loose, those are probably the determining factors.

If your team of 4 lost to 2 archers, then you really have BIG problems with those factors.

Let's face it, when you guys have a formation, 4 of you could drop 2 archers with ease.

There were 2 characters we left until last because you were the most difficult to kill, mainly from the parry and bushido, Mushashi and Miss Bridget (Not entirely sure if they have both parry and bushido). I would highly feel there is over exaggeration if you drop everytime in 3 secs when you are 1Vs1 an archer - when you have both the parry and bushido skill. If it was 2 archer, theres nothing to complain about. Mushashi was probably the easier to drop when compared to Miss Bridget, probably not as well equipped or defensive-wise.

Again, plenty of other shards out there that suits each individuals taste. Maybe you can start up your own that has mages only. This topic is getting so OLD !

Last edited by i-Bite on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:03 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

i-Bite wrote:
This topic is getting so OLD !

i agree the topic is old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:36 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Just because its old to you, doesn't make it a non valid to the rest of us.

The question is does Chaos want to stand at the games and rack up the points unchallenged? This is the direction we are headed in. You would think the 10 of us who fight each other could come to terms.

58 point AIs every 1.5 seconds is not right. A cap on AIs is more than fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:03 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
Unchallenged is an unfair word to your team. Chaos have been walked all over by Order uncountable times, only we don't come to the forums yapping about it when we loose. We find the Order side very challenging on some occasions, we look and study into the problem and hopefully come up with solutions amongst ourselves.

Our greatest challenge to this point is how to win a battle when we are drastically outnumbered.

Order has many archers now, equally dishing out a lot of damage and gaining a lot of kills as well, but that doesn't bother us slightly because we have it all worked out already. Whether we implement what we have worked out is our decision.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:45 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Please don't reopen previously locked threads. All if this has been discussed already in the following thread:

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41384

One of the rules of the forum is "Don't reopen locked threads!"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]