Total players online: 7

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Groups:
I think it comes down to the adrenalin rush that kicks in; where your either ahead holding your own or just about to be looted... It's just plain fun.

I never played with PvP on any other shard, but with the O/C system it sparked a interest and the rest is history. I started out in my own single person guild FTW and played an archer of course! Hung out field fighting with the PvP guild. There's lots of memories like camping out a spawn to raid.... good times good times... All the while made scripting fun still to this day.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 pm 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

My best PvP days were on the Pub 27 Test Server on OSI. Having some odd 20 + people on your screen ALL the time and knowing you have a pick of anyone to drop was exciting. I think I was 13-14 at the time all this was going down. I was one of those reds that would pop out on a balcony, drop my combo, and run back in. On the test centers it was easy to pick out who would drop quick to the combo just based on what artifacts they chose.

Since then my PvP experience has grown tremendously. I've never been much of a dueling PvPer, I've always like field fights with multiple people, teleporting onto different plains, monsters and trees to navigate around. Pretty much as I've gotten older I continuously add new things to what I do when I PvP. It's been 7+ years and I still haven't had a Mount/Dismount macro to dodge bolas until a few weeks ago.

Overtime I learned how to incorporate Darts, Bolas, Potions, and fielding into my play style. A big portion of PvP is knowing when to get the heck off screen. I think a lot about PvP now aside from the few 6 v 6's you can get everynow and then, is the hope that as your fighting it will be like those old days when 20 or so people are on your screen and you can drop whoever you want.

Don't get me wrong, I like the occasional difficult opponent, but I like the satisfying Evil Omen Para ganks more and completely shutting people down in seconds.

My best PvP days on Alexandria (and I don't know how many of them still read these forums), was when I would wake up at 3-4 AM to try and get a harrower out of the way and it would be maybe me, Blastro, and Saul or someone like that and we would get raided by [?]. This particular harrower was in terra keep and it fought on for about 3-4 hours until we lost it because Blastro had work and I had school. But it was still amazingly fun to fight throughout the dungeon, field off hallways, and bagball several entrances. The amount of excitement that builds up when you see the enemy across the hallway but they're having to get through your bagballs and you're just waiting for them to break through is amazing.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:36 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
My fave pvp of all time was on osi defending champs. That was in the glory days and their would be 25-30 on each side just going hog wild for hours. Was truly awesome. Nothing has ever matched it since. My fave time on Lexia was watching Christine whoop chaos ass standing on a street corner and taking on all comers til it ended up a good 10 on 10 running through the streets of Luna.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

@opie it was always fun to fight along side you hopfully youll be able to fight again.

@flood good ole day ay? you were the person everyone looked out for because you were a near unstoppable with all that hp and deadly combos...

catch2223 wrote:
Would love to learn from the masters. Might be fun to be able to hold my own for a change. Any suggestions for a pvp noob that wants to learn?

look at it like this (mage template)
what does damage ? spells
so spells do damage but not enough some times
what do i do to do more damage on top of those spells?
i could use a weapon and do damage with the weapon and spells
what if the person heals ?
need immediate damage ....whats that?
pain spike can do the trick
what if its a dexxer and he heals too fast?
disarm could help and bleed

its all about fast damage that you can you use to put your opponent on the defensive.... allowing you to stay offensive.... when you fall and you go on the defensive the only chance you have is to get them on the defensive.....

fighting as a dexxer its about swinging fast and being able to take damage....standard dexxers like macers go for hammer picks or war axes.... something you can do lots of damage with ..... ninja can help with shurikans

archer wise has been mostly ai archers but nowadays its about hit spells on the weapon and fast swinging bows.... ninja has been thing every one uses.... archers are known for really really low dci..... working on getting alot of dci on a archer is not needed because you intend to hit people from a distance....

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like a good starting pvp character would be an archer. Gonna die alot but hey I may actually be able to kill some too. Any suggestions for an archer Template? Again I pretty much suck at figuring this stuff out.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:52 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
catch2223 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Looks like a good starting pvp character would be an archer. Gonna die alot but hey I may actually be able to kill some too. Any suggestions for an archer Template? Again I pretty much suck at figuring this stuff out.

Pvp archer-theres 2 basic tempelates. For non stealth archer I would go archery/heal/anat/tactics/resist/chiv and bushido. Confidence and lightning strike (bushido, gives you a lesser ru as well)) are great for pvp and chiv gives you some cheap good damage options. Stealth archer is archery/heal/anat/tac/hide/stealth. Putting 50 in ninjitsu is nice too cause then you can use shurikens and vanish egg thingys. A good pve spec that is good for pvp is a necro archer. Archery/heal/anat/spirit/necro/resist and med. Vamp form gives good life leech, dex regen and mana regen and makes you immune to poison.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:10 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

With only 50 ninjitsu you'd have to disarm the bow everytime you wanted to dart/shuriken and your darts have over a 75% of missing.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Godrick wrote:
With only 50 ninjitsu you'd have to disarm the bow everytime you wanted to dart/shuriken and your darts have over a 75% of missing.

lol nm on the ninja then :D

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Godrick wrote:

did they change it here on lexia where the poison on darts/shurikins is based on your poison skill?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

ghostman wrote:
chiv gives you some cheap good damage options.

chiv is good for pvm but sucks in pvp.

concecrate weapon doesnt work well in pvp since most everyone has good resistances all arround.

divine fury makes you easier to get hit.

enemy of one doesnt work on players and holy light cost too much mana per point of damage to be worth it over weapon specials.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:30 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Sendo wrote:
ghostman wrote:
chiv gives you some cheap good damage options.

chiv is good for pvm but sucks in pvp.

concecrate weapon doesnt work well in pvp since most everyone has good resistances all arround.

divine fury makes you easier to get hit.

enemy of one doesnt work on players and holy light cost too much mana per point of damage to be worth it over weapon specials.

I play a 4/6 with max lmc so holy light spam is good for my temp, prolly no good for a dexxer tho. Good point.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

ghostman wrote:
catch2223 wrote:

Pvp archer-theres 2 basic tempelates. For non stealth archer I would go archery/heal/anat/tactics/resist/chiv and bushido. Confidence and lightning strike (bushido, gives you a lesser ru as well)) are great for pvp and chiv gives you some cheap good damage options. Stealth archer is archery/heal/anat/tac/hide/stealth. Putting 50 in ninjitsu is nice too cause then you can use shurikens and vanish egg thingys. A good pve spec that is good for pvp is a necro archer. Archery/heal/anat/spirit/necro/resist and med. Vamp form gives good life leech, dex regen and mana regen and makes you immune to poison.

your forgetting a new template that recently came into archer pvp.
archery heal anat tactics resist spellweaving bushido
with the spell weaving you can use that spell to cause your weapon to do a second set of damage or something along those lines... immolating weapon i think or something along those lines. you also want a archer weapon with a hit spell (lighting is high chosen) and hit velocity and ssi and di balanced would be epic on a bow with those mods but with out youll do fine.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:29 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Godrick wrote:
My best PvP days on Alexandria (and I don't know how many of them still read these forums), was when I would wake up at 3-4 AM to try and get a harrower out of the way and it would be maybe me, Blastro, and Saul or someone like that and we would get raided by [?]. This particular harrower was in terra keep and it fought on for about 3-4 hours until we lost it because Blastro had work and I had school. But it was still amazingly fun to fight throughout the dungeon, field off hallways, and bagball several entrances. The amount of excitement that builds up when you see the enemy across the hallway but they're having to get through your bagballs and you're just waiting for them to break through is amazing.

Oh god, yes. I remember one really bad one in Hythloth where the harry was dropped in that little room by the stairs to lv three ... two hallways of fieldfighting for ages. <3

rosen720 wrote:
...pvp for me has never been about winning or losing it was the exciment.

I've got to agree, that charge of adrenaline, the slight shaky feeling, is 100% addictive. I played official servers for ages with horrible ping (Wisconsin to Oceania ... I thought higher ping would be better as a wee child with my brother as we eagerly installed the awesome looking game that was found on a bargin rack for, yes, $9.99) using a stealth tamer mage to spawn with a couple friends at off hours ... getting raided was my real introduction to pvp, and that feeling, that "oh f who's that oh crapocrapocrap" feeling getting raided, that's the fight or flight kicking in, and it's awesome xD
I started really PvPing on Lexia with lackluster haphazard gear, a bunch o friends, and, well ... some respectable ping. Thing is, it was to defend our spawns from those pesky raiders.

Best Memory of Lexia to this day is Giraffe, Sendo and myself doing deceit and getting raided by Alaiki and Malaki of Sin. We immediately rezzed the spawners, recalled and logged, then all got onto the dexers we'd built to fight back. We made it back in time to fight for the champ, and we were able to reclaim it, kill off Al and Mal and get loots, then had a fantastic fight outside Deceit on Ice Isle. Badassery and awesomeness for the duration of it all.

<rarity =/= balance>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:14 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
I like to pvp! I love to raid and I love field fighting. It all started on lexia for me when Clayton traded me a nice comp bow. I dont remember what i gave him for it but it was something like an arm and a leg.... It was well worth it... I wonder who has it now?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

shame Adam didn't trade an arm or a leg with God, just imagine what we could have had.