Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Templates
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:06 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Hi,

Being new to this era i have no idea of any good templates. I asked about a 6 x 120 dexxer and someone said that is still viable. What else? I really cannot find a good site with info on High Seas (modern) templates either pvm or pvp. In this case i could use both, as i research what hit fatigue and hit mana drain are LOL!

*If you could link or post some good/relative pvp templates, would be great. I think i got the pvm templates for at least necromageweavers and tamers. Archer/fighter pvm templates also appreciated!*

-thanks

Post subject: Re: Templates
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:42 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

it all depends on what kind of characters you are looking for and what kind of characters the people you are fighting are using.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:36 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Im, frankly, looking for any and all. I play dexxers, but am open to virtually all builds as i dont know much about bushido, ninjitsu, etc...

is there a place where many common builds are spelled out?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:05 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

I can't say with any certainty what templates are viable for pvp as I have never really done much of it but I know I get killed all the time by dexxers at spawns. They tend to use maces and stuff. Let me know when you get one built so you can come protect me and my friends when we go spawning. You can have some of the gold.

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:37 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

I'd be happy to, glad to hear there is pvp here. But if someone who pvps could post some helpful info here I'd be indebted...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:20 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Standard dexxer:

- insert 120 weapon skill
- 120 tactics
- 120 anatomy
- 120 resist spells
- 120 healing
- standalone support still such as chivalry, poisoning, focus, etc

There are others I'm not 100% sure on the skill levels, such as sampire, straight necro dexxer, Sammy dexxer, weaving dexxer, ninja dexxer, and now the mystic dexxer.

Alexandria, the Official EasyUO Freeshard

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:44 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

that's more like it.

the 2 pvp chars i wanna make are:

120 mace
120 res
120 tact
120 anat
120 heal
120 parry

and also a necro:

105 necro
120 swords
100 poison
120 spirit speak
110 tact
110 medi
50 anat

Would love to know more about bushido, ninjitsu, mysticism builds!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

jimbojones88 wrote:

and also a necro:

105 necro
120 swords
100 poison
120 spirit speak
110 tact
110 medi
50 anat

this is a very weak template without parry you are very vulnerable to warriors/archers and without resisting spells you are vulnerable to mages.
one might argue that the lack of parry is on purpose to take better advantage of blood oath but blood oath was nerfed a few years ago so resisting spells lowers the damage return from blood oath dramatically.

without healing you have to hit someone or use the really slow casting easily interrupted SS heal to get hp back I would just hit and run you with bleed until you die.

don't run med on a warrior the best items for dex arnt medable.

if you want to run a necro warrior I suggest
120 weapon skill
100 necro
100 tactics
100 parry (if fighting warriors)
100 resist spells (if fighting mages)
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 ss

100 necro because 120 doesn't really get you anything doesn't make spells better doesn't add damage does nothing really 120 only lets you not fail casting vamp form.

no med or focus get at least 6 stamina regen and 5 mana regen from suit. use mana leech weapons never leave home on any warrior without mana leech.

the main things in the template are
blood oath (not very effective these days)
curse weapon ( last 30 seconds 50% ll on every hit this is good)
17 damage pain spike (good for getting that last hit on a fleeing enemy)
death adder summon familiar ( precast this spell and hold the gump to the side to pop it whenever you want it)
vampiric embrace (good if you have the resist for it use a scroll to cast it after each death scrolls lower the casting difficulty making it 100%)
76 second vengeful spirit (use a scroll for this and precast it before going in to attack)

the downside to this template is that your weapon specials are more expensive due to not hitting the 300 skill to lower the mana cost.

I ran this template for a year before people wised up to the counters. haven't run it since because other templates are just as effective and require less hotkeys and timing.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:51 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Sendo wrote:
jimbojones88 wrote:

and also a necro:

105 necro
120 swords
100 poison
120 spirit speak
110 tact
110 medi
50 anat

this is a very weak template without parry you are very vulnerable to warriors/archers and without resisting spells you are vulnerable to mages.
one might argue that the lack of parry is on purpose to take better advantage of blood oath but blood oath was nerfed a few years ago so resisting spells lowers the damage return from blood oath dramatically.

without healing you have to hit someone or use the really slow casting easily interrupted SS heal to get hp back I would just hit and run you with bleed until you die.

don't run med on a warrior the best items for dex arnt medable.

if you want to run a necro warrior I suggest
120 weapon skill
100 necro
100 tactics
100 parry (if fighting warriors)
100 resist spells (if fighting mages)
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 ss

100 necro because 120 doesn't really get you anything doesn't make spells better doesn't add damage does nothing really 120 only lets you not fail casting vamp form.

no med or focus get at least 6 stamina regen and 5 mana regen from suit. use mana leech weapons never leave home on any warrior without mana leech.

the main things in the template are
blood oath (not very effective these days)
curse weapon ( last 30 seconds 50% ll on every hit this is good)
17 damage pain spike (good for getting that last hit on a fleeing enemy)
death adder summon familiar ( precast this spell and hold the gump to the side to pop it whenever you want it)
vampiric embrace (good if you have the resist for it use a scroll to cast it after each death scrolls lower the casting difficulty making it 100%)
76 second vengeful spirit (use a scroll for this and precast it before going in to attack)

the downside to this template is that your weapon specials are more expensive due to not hitting the 300 skill to lower the mana cost.

I ran this template for a year before people wised up to the counters. haven't run it since because other templates are just as effective and require less hotkeys and timing.

LOL

yes this is a ganker template that i wanted to try more before my last shard went down. And if you look closer I only put in 105 necro not 120, this is to get 100% vampiric embrace without fail.

But please if you have a bushido or ninjitsu or mysticism etc templates please post!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

Why can't we just play video games together instead of killing each other like maniacs. I never understood that whole thing. If this turns into another pk shard I'm taking a break. And I know a bunch of people that will go with me too.

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:32 pm 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

jimbojones88 wrote:
LOL

yes this is a ganker template that i wanted to try more before my last shard went down. And if you look closer I only put in 105 necro not 120, this is to get 100% vampiric embrace without fail.

But please if you have a bushido or ninjitsu or mysticism etc templates please post!

I know you only had 105 I was just noting that theres no reason to go over 100 and any template should be built to survive.

rule #1 of pvping you arnt an asset to the team if you are dead.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:42 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

@xi@ wrote:
Why can't we just play video games together instead of killing each other like maniacs. I never understood that whole thing. If this turns into another pk shard I'm taking a break. And I know a bunch of people that will go with me too.

dont

I don't gank tamers or disrupt champs or anything. I like dueling, or pvp regulated events. Shrine of virtue isnt it?

pking is for renaissance and prior noobs ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:49 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
I like necro