Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

WarLocke wrote:
I've seen some very good and very bad UO GMs in my time...
Who remembers GM Mordor? :D
He was like a evil knight on a forsaken crusade... LOL

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
lazerus1974
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:22 pm 
Danyul wrote:
The same IP can be caught, sure. But not the MAC; the MAC does not translate over routers. As far as EA is concerned you have multiple computers in your house running UO and that's what you tell 'em if caught. "That's my son's account."

I just noticed that you said the mac doesn't translate, but it does, that's why routers have MAC filtering, etc. ISP's using MAC filtering all the time. If you know how to read a packet, then you can discern all that nifty stuff. Just thought I'd clarify.

Thanks

Lazerus

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:40 pm 

No. MAC addresses are hardware addresses which are only important to directly connected devices. The EA server has no way to know what the MAC address of your computer is unless EA has installed software to gather that information and send it to them intentionally. There is no method in the TCP/IP standard which would facilitate MAC addresses being known across more than 1 hop.

MAC filtering on your router keeps other people from using your internet connection.

And MAC spoofing on routers allows you to install new routers without getting a new IP address from your ISP via DHCP.

lazerus1974 wrote:
Danyul wrote:
The same IP can be caught, sure. But not the MAC; the MAC does not translate over routers. As far as EA is concerned you have multiple computers in your house running UO and that's what you tell 'em if caught. "That's my son's account."

I just noticed that you said the mac doesn't translate, but it does, that's why routers have MAC filtering, etc. ISP's using MAC filtering all the time. If you know how to read a packet, then you can discern all that nifty stuff. Just thought I'd clarify.

Thanks

Lazerus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:05 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Rofl, I Do some PRETTY dirty stuff with "Multi Clienting". Lets just say, back in the day I would be running at least three accounts at any time and never got caught. Did get Caught Running One account and my Lumberjacker Though........ :). Its all About what Your doing and Whether They really hate Scripters!!!

Running 4 Clients to Donate Mace and Shield = Dirty Dirty Dirty Hate people who do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:28 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I just thought I'd point out that just because EA can't track mac adresses, doesn't mean they can use one of a dozen other ways to check to see if the same client is being run multiple times on a computer. Plus, they could always just make educated guesses/check the other accounts connected on teh same IP.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:06 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I've run two clients at the same time for a year. One I macro on, either mining, skill gain, keg crafting/filling.. the other I hunt or stuff in my house. I've never been busted macroing (since I started using EUO. about 7-8 years ago I did get busted using UOLoop but they didn't permaban me. Only a 72 hour ban.) or using multiple clients. I think the best thing to keep in mind, is smart macroing is safe macroing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:40 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Not quite a year old post.
Nice Necro thread though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:45 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter