Total players online: 1

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Crispy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:51 am 
Is it ok to ask how to do dual clienting?
If it is not allowed please just hide this post.

I tried running two clients with two easy uo. No matter which easy uo I use to run the script, it will only work on the second client. How do I make it each easy uo runs on different uo client?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:32 am 
Elite Scripter
Elite Scripter

I forget where but in the top of the EUO window there is a UOXL selection. From there you can "Swap to next client" something to that effect. From there you just make sure you are active in the client you want.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
coota
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:02 am 
I have used 2 clients a for awhile and never had any problems on OSI shards. I have been perma-banned on one account only and that was because I got stuck under this tower floating on water... so I killed a GM's Red that I knew over and over and kept telling him to logon to his GM account and get me out from under the tower stairs. He got all kindsa pissed and perma-banned me. But, never been banned or jailed for anything serious like cheating, etc. (course only third party programs I use are UO-Auto-Map and EasyUO.

-Coota

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:05 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

:? was that before they added the "I'm physically stuck" help option? He probably banned you for being a dumbass and not using the help option like you should have. twit

(edit)
Ok... so it was before the option. Still should have gone about it a different way. Being an @$$ usually doesn't get the result you want.

Cheffe: This is free software. You'll use whatever I give you.
snicker7: dont forget to vote =] voting is winning at life.
Locke: Ah, hail and well met. You have the look of an idiot about you, and I often ponder who ties your shoes... would you like some tea?
Warlocke:You don't forsee things that are unforseeable? Spiffy!

Last edited by iwantmypot on Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Killing a RED player over and over on an EA shard (or a blue) is done all the time. EA is supposed to forbid GMs from having a player/char on shards they GM on, too much conflict. The GM overstepped his "power" if he banned someone because his player RED was getting killed like that.

Send me a Paypal donation!

coota
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:59 pm 
Unfortunately, I'm not the dumbass, the person who wrote this is the dumbass here:

iwantmypot wrote:
:? was that before they added the "I'm physically stuck" help option? He probably banned you for being a dumbass and not using the help option like you should have. twit

As it happens I was a councilor on the same shard the GM was GM'ing on. I also played my regular chars on the same main that the GM did. And obviously it was WAY before the I'm Stuck option had come out. I love how some idiots tend to ASSuME things, and we know what that makes...

Before being such a smart-ass next time trying putting your brain in gear before running your mouth.

Also, just for people's information in the "old days" of UO, alot of the GM's were very childish and immature type people. It seemed any OSI executive's son was a GM. I was warned as a councilor that I was being too helpful at one time if you can imagine that. The people who run UO don't know how to support it, which is sad as it could easily become the greatest online game there is if they did support it correctly.

-Coota

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Stop the flaming, you two. Play nice.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:13 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Coffee wrote:
Stop the flaming, you two. Play nice.
Sorry, I was just pissy because some other idiot had been driving me nuts earlier that day.

Plus the second half of the original message only applied if the help option was already in place. Since he stated that it was not, then he's not a twit.

Cheffe: This is free software. You'll use whatever I give you.
snicker7: dont forget to vote =] voting is winning at life.
Locke: Ah, hail and well met. You have the look of an idiot about you, and I often ponder who ties your shoes... would you like some tea?
Warlocke:You don't forsee things that are unforseeable? Spiffy!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:28 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Well all i know is alot of gms do act like little kids makes you wonder sometimes...but as to running to clients im sure its detectable but it all depends what ur doing

if your Running 2 clients Farming gold 15 hours aday Of corse your going to get caught

but if ur loggin into ur other account to Do house work or transfer some gold Of corse ur not going to get banned

it all depends on what you are doing with the second client just dont make ur self noticeable of useing 2 clients

and BTW becareful who you let know u haves EUO alot of good people snich as soon as u piss them off

Argiod
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:51 pm 
Quote:
"Also, just for people's information in the "old days" of UO, alot of the GM's were very childish and immature type people. It seemed any OSI executive's son was a GM. I was warned as a councilor that I was being too helpful at one time if you can imagine that. The people who run UO don't know how to support it, which is sad as it could easily become the greatest online game there is if they did support it correctly."
-Coota

Amen, bro. If OSI treated thier paying customers right, there might not be over 30,000 free shards now. I've played since the T2A to Ren transition. It seemed like every time I'd work hard to gain some goal, they would do something to make all my efforts meaningless. Back when black dye tubs were very rare, I used to make black cloth and sell it for good gold. I used a friend's tub for a while. Then, just as I finally got one of my own (bought it from my friend for mega bucks), OSI made it a vet reward, thus rendering it fairly common. There went my hard work and gold. That was the first time I told them what they could do with thier game, and quit.
Several years ago (Blackthorne's Revenge) I finally sold all three accounts and no longer play OSI shards. Now I play on Allure of the Unknown where you can use Razor, EUO, and dualUO. Thier only rule is not to macro in town areas where it slows down the server, and no AFK macroing in the training room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:14 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Programs like the client, tell the server more info than you might think. They tell the server your ip address, of course. But can also tell the server your mac address wich is entirely unique to each net card. Therefore if you run 2 clients on 2 computers with a router, they see the same ip and dif mac's vs double client with the same ip and mac.
As for them scanning the process list, thats been talked about on UO website and they strongly deny doing or even wanting to do it.
If you run EasyUO and the client at the same time you arent breaking the terms of service, its not their business what your running on your computer, its whats interacting with the client, that TOS gives them the right to control. You agree to these actions, weather "legel" or not, which makes it legel.

If Daemon_is_attacking_you in #journal || ( you_are_attacking in #journal && Daemon in #journal )
Terminate UO
}

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:06 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
You dont even have to have 2 characters IN the game .
I was running around brit bank one evening just sitting and visiting
when I was suddenly yanked into UO jail and informed that I was
being removed from the game for use of a 3rd party illegal program.
I ask what program and what did I do but recieved no reply.
I then when to my task bar and saw I still had a second client
up from a couple hours back when I logged a ghost in and out
real fast.

:thefinger: osi :thefinger:

sneakers
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:38 pm 
[quote="una"]They cant really check for Razor and EUO. Atleast this has been disussed lots in here. It would be illegal.

They can check your running processes as it states directly under there terms of service that by playing this game you agree to blah blah blah but if you look around in there it does say about checking processes this was also discussed when punkbuster was supposed to come out aswell. As far as them not being able to detect speedhacks. I have personally had 2 accounts banned for using adrenline, and another time for using windows speeder. Yes technically it doesnt make you go faster then the server allows but it does send packets quicker to the server which if you were paged for speechacking and they follow you they will see you skip tiles on the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:12 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

As for checking processes running on the users computer, isint it just as easy to rename easyuo to something else, so when it shows up in the running processes list its not called EUOX.exe but rather, I_Changed_It.exe????

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:27 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
From my own experience I useta PVP On one client And Emine on another 24/7 I Never had a gm come around while I did thos But Burning Counts And Playing I got nailed once. My oppinion is that having a target sit in a spot as a ghost is way easyer for osi to track then one say mining and recalling to diffrent areas. I dunno why maby because you miss the scan for that area or what ever just seems you get cought less if your moving around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next