Total players online: 14

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:28 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Ive used it much too.. Allthough just whenever i wanna transfer something to another char or switch houses etc..

PhantomD
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:50 am 
Hhhmmm... I have 2 UO accounts (yeh, only 2, guess I am not a real powergamer) and I use 2 computers. SoI have both accounts running much of the time.
I do not like hunting with one and doing anything at all with the other, so 1 account is usually just sitting in my house to see if a friend drops by.
No scripting, hacks or whatever running at all. I just hit a UO Assist macro every few minutes to keep from timing out.

Tell me please, does OSI object to that also? Sometimes they seem awfully picky considering we are all paying customers. At least most of us anyway :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

As long as you can answer theyr questions, you are fine i think...
If your clients are running on 2 physically different machines (--> Another installation of UO on another PC), they wont bother you i think...

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:02 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

A Question to those in the know:
I just started playing Alexandria, and I was wondering if running two clients through UOX, one to an OSI server and one to Lex, would show up the same way as two OSI clients?

Err, is it safe? I'd like to do two things at once here. :)

Ty

I Have supported 1 P4A script!
Get high off scripting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:06 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

no idea.
but this question:
Quote:
is it safe?

define "safe".
detectable? most likely.
bannable? yes.
probable that you'll get caught? ...really depends on what you're doing. I'm not going to say yes or no. just... probably, depending on what you're doing. no matter what you do on OSI, there's always going to be a risk of getting caught using EUO. That being said, I was never caught... but several other vet's here have been. I've always maintained that it's more what you're doing rather than how you're doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:10 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

Definitly right about whether its safe, but, If my second client is connecting to Alexandria, will it be detectable to OSI? I can see them noticing the changes if I were logging onto Pac with two clients, but to a freeshard? Im curious, but not enough to risk my only account :)

I Have supported 1 P4A script!
Get high off scripting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:27 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

probably. no idea really, but I'd think that they could tell at tleast that two clients are running if they looked.

Red Dog
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:01 pm 
As to someones post erlier to this thread about being banned for "Razor", To my understanding anything that is shown in you journal on uo is able to be read by a GM, Razor does leave trails in journal for Razor Commands...This is the only way i can think of that they were able to track it. Any other way could be illegal. Be cautios when using razor, only use features that do not leave text in your journal on OSI as this is a guarenteed way of being cuaght if suspected of using a 3rd party app.[/quote]

Lialin
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 am 
i have running two clients for a while now, i never had problems with gm's. i think it's - as it has been mentioned before - about WHERE you are, and for WHAT u're using multiple clients..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:54 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

I'm no expert in TCP/IP but I know Razor has to do something with the connection either with the IP or the encryption so Idk if they can look at that and im prolly not making any sense..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:23 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Well the only thing I use a second client for is to res my char when there are no healers around. like on those no healer islands.

Derrin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 pm 
Ok I used to work for OSI and since there are people hired to browse these types of boards I will not say in what capacity. I will say that Razor does interfere with the data stream. However easyuo does not.
It is easy to detect multiple clients yet hard to ban anyone using them becasue of simple IP addy. Since with a hub and either cable or DSL connection using the high speed modem as the computer (or main) if running two accounts even on two seperate computers gives back the same basic IP addy.

So here is the process UO goes through to make the determination if someone is UM.
For one a page is sent to GM's with someone saying so and so is unattended macroing. They get the coords from the "page from"coords and tele there invised. If the person is talking to someone and still doing the macro they see if it is a menu skill or not. EI make last button can be pressed or a use last item last target macro.

Check for speed hack.

Check IP for other account using same IP and checks to see if that one is macroing.

Now if not talking then they appear and talk to you. They give you about 3 minutes to respond. (note if it takes longer than about 30 seconds to say hi or they still work and do not stop this is most likely macroing)

Best thing to do is stop the macro and say hi and ask why they are there.

The easiest macroers that are caught are the ones who when people ask "How do you do that so fast?", or "How can I train up fast?" They say I use EasyUO or I use Razor. THis will get you tagged and watched. The first time you do not answer right away they ban you or suspend you.

They can not ban you for saying you use it you must be caught but if you have used it once you will again. As we all know those auto loot scripts are addictive.

8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:35 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Red Dog wrote:
As to someones post erlier to this thread about being banned for "Razor", To my understanding anything that is shown in you journal on uo is able to be read by a GM, Razor does leave trails in journal for Razor Commands...This is the only way i can think of that they were able to track it. Any other way could be illegal. Be cautios when using razor, only use features that do not leave text in your journal on OSI as this is a guarenteed way of being cuaght if suspected of using a 3rd party app.
If you go to the 'More Options' tab, and look near the bottom left side, there's a pull down menu called 'Razor Messages:'... set that to "none" and it will not send any messages to your client.

Cheffe: This is free software. You'll use whatever I give you.
snicker7: dont forget to vote =] voting is winning at life.
Locke: Ah, hail and well met. You have the look of an idiot about you, and I often ponder who ties your shoes... would you like some tea?
Warlocke:You don't forsee things that are unforseeable? Spiffy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:32 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

Quote:
They can not ban you for saying you use it you must be caught but if you have used it once you will again. As we all know those auto loot scripts are addictive.

My experience bears this out as well. although, if you run around WBB talking about any third party ustilities, you're likely to get jailed at the very least, weather or not you're actually using anything.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:49 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Hello,

I have personally ran 4 clients for over a year on one machine with 4 accounts that i didn't mind loosing. I have a second computer playing my main account that i keep separate. My wife also plays and she uses her own computer.

my story is this-
I generally run 4 clients on one machine. I was not paying attention and a GM jailed 2 of my 4 accounts that were monitoring locations. The 2 accounts were also suspended for 72 hours. The GM also checked on my other 2 accounts and even un-hide them. However the GM did not jail or suspend them. Maybe he figured id get the picture.

When the 72 hour ban was up i logged in, was in jail and had to call a GM to release me. They release both accounts and only said one thing to me. You know why you are here? and i replied yes. that was it.

I was most defiantly reported and i know who it was. The sad thing about it is they also use EUO as well. Sad...

I just posted a experience i had last night with a GM and i believe UO has new GM tools.
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20442

eSantcho

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next