Total players online: 12

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:45 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Both EUO and OEUO cannot retrieve tile info. I am trying to add some anti-blocking to use with the move command to make it smarter and avoid getting stuck on objects like houses. I found the thread below which explains a solution but it is very old and I'm cautious about editing the registry which I know nothing about and hear can cause problems if done improperly. I am running Win 10 but this thread refers to older versions. If you can assist me I shall be grateful. viewtopic.php?t=42545

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

be sure you also generated the old format of the map-data.
Google "Ultima Online UOP to MUL". There are tools out there to unpack the UOP-files to the MUL-files needed by EasyUO to get the tile-data.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:30 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
So, I'm having the same problem, at least with EUO - OEUO is working with tiles. I've re-installed UO/Razor, re-downloaded EUO and OEUO. I've used the LegacyMULCL utility to generate the MUL files in my UO install folder as well. When I run the tile initialization in EUO, it just hangs.

I have this registry value set:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0
"ExePath" = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\client.exe"

I am running UO and EUO as administrator.
UO Version: Classic Client 7.0.63.2
EUO Version: 1.5.1.329

I've been slowly attempting to convert one of my old scripts to LUA...but it's a bit of a monster since I'm pretty much new to LUA. EUO itself appears to be working, it's just the tile stuff.

Edit: Now OEUE is no longer working with tiles...I'm re-installing the client and seeing if that helps, but who knows
Edit2: Clean re-install and re-run of LegacyMULCL did nothing. *sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
Ok, so I've found out (mostly) as to what's going on. The trick to get it working was to use the optional parameter to tile init. I have to set that to true to not load the overrides. I've never had to do that before... I dug into the EUO source and found that it was attempting to load "mapdif0.mul" files. These files do not exist for me for some reason. They aren't created by the MUL extractor either. Not sure where they are supposed to come from...maybe EA/Broadsword removed those files at some point? I don't know.

Anyway, this allows OEUO to work...but I'm still not able to get EUO to find tiles. EUO just returns 0 when using "tile CNT" - I suspect it might be because of the missing overrides? I'm about 75% of the way done with converting the script over to OEUO, where it does appear to work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

kevinallenwiegand wrote:
Ok, so I've found out (mostly) as to what's going on. The trick to get it working was to use the optional parameter to tile init. I have to set that to true to not load the overrides. I've never had to do that before... I dug into the EUO source and found that it was attempting to load "mapdif0.mul" files. These files do not exist for me for some reason. They aren't created by the MUL extractor either. Not sure where they are supposed to come from...maybe EA/Broadsword removed those files at some point? I don't know.

Anyway, this allows OEUO to work...but I'm still not able to get EUO to find tiles. EUO just returns 0 when using "tile CNT" - I suspect it might be because of the missing overrides? I'm about 75% of the way done with converting the script over to OEUO, where it does appear to work.

Aslong as you have the registry entry properly and the mul files are in that folder it should work. If it does not you can try

1. tile init nooverrides

That should make it work, it always has for me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
airyina wrote:
kevinallenwiegand wrote:

Aslong as you have the registry entry properly and the mul files are in that folder it should work. If it does not you can try

1. tile init nooverrides

Thats what I did...but EUO's tile methods dont return tiles...OEUO is working though with it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:44 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

kevinallenwiegand wrote:
airyina wrote:
kevinallenwiegand wrote:

1. tile init nooverrides

Thats what I did...but EUO's tile methods dont return tiles...OEUO is working though with it.

If it's not working with EUO then you either don't have your registry or your MUL files set up properly. It should work with that small change to the code. I have it working on all my machines without problem. I would double check your application of the registry, and make sure the MUL files are in the same directory as client.exe where your registry should point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Upon second look at your registry code I know why it's not working.

You have it set to

"ExePath" = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\client.exe"

Whereas it should be

"ExePath" = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"

You need to escape the \ with a double \\ otherwise it doesn't register the \, kinda like HTML or other old languages, the windows registry it very antiquated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:29 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
airyina wrote:

You have it set to

Whereas it should be

"ExePath" = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic\\client.exe"

You need to escape the \ with a double \\ otherwise it doesn't register the \, kinda like HTML or other old languages, the windows registry it very antiquated.

Making both changes seems to have fixed EUO. Woot. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:12 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

kevinallenwiegand wrote:
airyina wrote:

You have it set to

Whereas it should be

Making both changes seems to have fixed EUO. Woot. Thanks!

Glad we got it worked out!