Shard is currently offline.

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Trading/Pet Training
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

While I love easyuo, and most definitely prefer playing with only easy, rather than no easy, I've been having a few issues that are becoming legitimate problems now that I can't patch. I don't care too much about the fact a lot of artwork gets replaced with unused tiles, or the fact that I can't see/use my Atlases. These are things I've planned for and can work around. But the inability to see trade windows, and interact with the pet training menu is starting to cause some issues, especially the inability to trade. Everything else is easy to write off, and live without, but it's getting really awkward telling people I can't trade for now. Anyone have any solutions for this, or is it just something to live with until we get an updated version of easyuo, and can patch again?

Post subject: Re: Trading/Pet Training
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

eh... What?

Is your problem with EasyUO? If so, please explain more in detail.

If your problem is with UO and/or a modified client there is not much we can do. UO is not our product.
--> Post/Complain where you got the client/game (Mythic/Freehard)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Perhaps it's just part of using easyuo, and something everyone deals with. When I open an OSI UO client by using easyuo, most of the items and artwork post ML either becomes invisible, unusable, or show as "unused tiles". For example, bar pieces show up as "unused tiles", but are actually still functional when you know where to click. Same as the foundation around most custom homes, and many other things. But the most annoying part is the fact that some items become invisible and unusuable. Such as a Hawkwinds Robe, any of the clickable icons from a mastery book, and rune Atlases. They completely disappear from the game, and cannot be interacted with at all. In addition, the worst part is the inability to see or use the trade menu. Whenever either I, or someone else attempts a trade, simply nothing pops up on my screen. That menu is completely invisible and unusable. Also the new pet training menu, where you would allocate points is problematic. While the menu does open, and can be seen, nothing can actually be clicked on and used, leaving pet training completely broken when playing in a client opened by easyuo. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I feel like my game is permanently stuck in the ML time period, and anything that has come after either has issues, is completely broken, or becomes completely invisible. It's been this way for the last few years, and this is the first time I've ever decided to reach out and see if it's just me, or if others experience this as well. Don't mean to be a bother, and certainly not placing any blame anywhere, just thought this was a good time to ask. If this is a waste of everyone's time, I have no problem at all deleting this post, and living with these issues, as it's just become a part of my life using easyuo. Thanks for you time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If you play normal OSI/EA/Mythic-Servers, why you even launch the client thru EUO?
Just launch client.exe from your UO-Folder. Also Launch your Copy of EUO.exe
As soon as EUO finds a client.exe running, it attaches there. No need to launch UO thru EUO itself.

It could be that by doing so (Launching UO thu EUO) you are pointing to a old installation of UO or something alike...

Please read viewtopic.php?f=54&t=53005 for infos on how to prevent patching and play normally.
Short version:
- Always launch client.exe
- if you want to intentionally patch, launch uo.exe
- Back up client.exe after successfull patch
- Remember: Launching client.exe without UOStean, AssistUO, Razor, ... always connects to the official servers (Which you want)

If however, your client is still not workling properly, i can only suggest to uninstall UO and reinstall again and patch up.
Also test without EUO running (Just to be sure it is not EUO crapping out on you)
If it is still crap, please address mythic entertainment about this: THEIR product is buggy and THEY need (should) fix it. We cannot fix bugs in UO.

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:33 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Thank you for your reply. For the first time since I started using this program, I'm realizing I have a problem, and what I experience when I play is not normal. I have the exact same issues when launching a client from client.exe, as I do when I use easyuo to launch a client. The only way for me to have a client with all of the modern features of the game is to use uo.exe to launch my client and go through the patch service. Trying your idea now of uninstalling and reinstalling, and I'll see if that works. Thank you again, for showing me this is actually a problem, and I don't have to continue playing like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Now if i think ybout it, i see another (more obscure) option:
Your trade-window is simply Off-screen somehow... Could be because a script moved the gump into nirvana somehow... But it wouldnt explain the missing tiles...
Reinstall UO seems a good option at this point

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:07 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Problem has been solved. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me through this. The problem was honestly about as simple as could be, and was me having overlooked something in the past. After the uninstall/reinstall, everything was still the same. But simply going into easyuo.exe, I realized for some reason it wasn't set to run as administrator. After clicking that box, suddenly easyuo launched the correct client. So completely on my end, but I greatly appreciate you helping to realize there is a problem, and helping me to find the solution. Thankfully it was an easy one, and simply me having overlooked a simple, yet crucial step. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad it worked in the end :)
But is still a bit weird that even if you launch client.exe without any EasyUO involved whatsoever you got the problems... Thats how the game should be run in the end and intended by Osi/EA/Mythic.

Also, please let me repost once more (i think this is the 10'000th time):

Most common problems with scripts and if they do not run as they should:
  • Be sure you have EUO running with ADMIN RIGHTS (Rightclick --> Run as administrator) This is the MOST propable cause of problems...
  • Be sure you have UO running as CLASSIC CLIENT
  • Be sure your UO is NOT MODIFIED
  • Be sure your EUO is capable of handling the client (See update-status on http://www.easyuo.com)
  • Be sure you have set up your script accordingly to the setup-section of the script AND accordingly to the scriptthread.
  • Be sure you are not trying to run an OEUO-Script in EUO
  • Be sure you are not trying to run an EUO-Script in OEUO
  • Be sure your Antivir-Tool does not block or sandbox EUO.
  • Be sure you have rebooted your rig once if everything else fails

;) :wink: