Total players online: 18

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:11 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

I don't mean to be a bother, but I'm just coming back to UO after a few years absence. I updated both the game and EUO. When I try to launch the client from EUO, it launches one, then attempts to open another, but asks me to select client.exe. Regardless of which client you try to use, both will end up saying no supported UO client found. If this is simply a matter of EUO is updated yet, then I apologize and will wait patiently. I just couldn't find any resolution to this problem other than being directed to a thread with the last post 3 weeks ago, and the client has been updated since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:41 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Greetings,

EUO needs to be updated. Not sure if someone notifies the Boss. Im guessing it will be updated today/tomorrow.

Welcome back!
O|S

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:11 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
yep it's been down a while. i came back to the game on the 13th and havent been able to get a fix yet. but i'm sure they are working on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

be sure you run EUO with admin-rights afterwards :)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:28 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
tried that as admin.. still unsupported client.. was going to find someone who had the last client.exe and try to get that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

yeah mee too. I was having trouble loading the game correctly because I wasn't patched. Vendors weren't showing up and stuff that isn't part of the actual game map file so I patched. looking forward to the next ezuo patch so I can try out the sos scripts and other fisherman scripts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Greetings,

Orngrimm, they did a UO update on the 20th of April (420). The update was to pets and a few other things which was released to a few servers. EUO needs an update but im guessing the boss wants to wait for the update to hit all severs (which will be today during server down) before updating EUO.

Its so much more fun to play UO when you have your EUO tools.
O|S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:27 am 
Developer
Developer

Does this have to be stickied? In my opinion, it becomes less visible this way. We have stickies that haven't been modified for years. An up-to-date discussion on the current patch would be right below the stickes, not on the very top of the page. I think renaming the title to reflect the patch is way more helpful than stickying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:20 am 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
Thank you Master Cheffe,

In the future I will be more helpful to community and make a post when UO patches

Subject Line - UO Patch # xxx.xxx on 2017/xx/xx

Thank you kindly for the update,
O|S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:01 am 
Developer
Developer

The comment wasn't really meant for you, more like a general musing towards moderators. Although it would surely help if you'd already set the title correctly. :) Mostly I'm glad these (important) hints about a new patch don't clutter the Discussion board anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
You got it sir, We sent you a couple bucks via paypal for a fast food meal. hugs~
O|S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Hey Team, I have also just returned after a 7 year break... and some of the old guildies are still in game - amaze balls ikr..

However I have the same issue that was originally reported on the title of this thread.
Obviously using UO classic, when i go to Help in EUO to Confirm the version No, it is greyed out and i cant click it.

The error i get when tying to start a script is: No supported UO client found!

im hoping that this awesome platform is still supported :)

Thanks for any and all help with this, it is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

The current EUO does not support the new client.

in the download thread is shows what is currently supported (it shows today -Client 7.0.59.5 and lower)
7.0.30.47 (or greater) is the current - so you will need to wait until its updated

Make sure you know how to run uo without updating (patching) , so that once it is working you dont update between forced patches

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Also, if the Versionnumber is grayed out this most propably means you got the client from a 3rd party site and is modded.
If a client is modded, this means it is "patched" to a version EUO does not recognize.
So if there is no reason to use such a modded client, be sure you use the official client.
--> https://uo.com/client-download/ --> http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/insta ... 0_24_0.exe
(funny how they are stuck with the folder back in 2012 :))

Attachments:
Screenshot 2017-10-22 19.24.56.png
Screenshot 2017-10-22 19.24.56.png [ 318.72 KiB | Viewed 848 times ]

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Yay EUO has been updated today! Thanks Cheffe and team!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next