Total players online: 18

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Publish 99 Update/UO Version 7.0.63.2.

Here are the notes: https://uo.com/2018/04/02/publish-99-update/

Last edited by Hrafn on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Here..here. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:19 pm 
Developer
Developer

I've updated EUO. Not sure I'm happy with all the changes, will look into it over the weekend and maybe release the changes since the open source release, including menu stuff etc. We'll see, also if this version now functions properly...

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:32 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Cheffe wrote:
I've updated EUO. Not sure I'm happy with all the changes, will look into it over the weekend and maybe release the changes since the open source release, including menu stuff etc. We'll see, also if this version now functions properly...

It does not seem to run any of my scripts (although EUO comes up and runs some things)
I think the finditem commands dont work

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:35 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

bovar2 wrote:
Cheffe wrote:

It does not seem to run any of my scripts (although EUO comes up and runs some things)

Me too, you press play and nothing happens.

My antivirus also detects it has malware, which is a first.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:30 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Cheffe wrote:

Atleast the new scanstring for #sysmsg would be fantastic :D Fixing #journal would be amazing too (or the new scanstring if that's all it was). I think most of us are happy with the look and feel of the program itself. As long as everything we're used to works, I can't see why anyone would be upset.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:10 pm 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
doesnt work...seem a simple script for collect gold from ground doesnt work since this new update

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:11 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
bovar2 wrote:
Cheffe wrote:

tested 5 minutes and i agree :cry: finditem commands dont work and its slow with other commands

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

I struggle to get scripts to run as well: For example Guadah's Multi-Skill Trainer (Super Bob!) Version: 3.2.5 hangs on the first findid event (event property #findid).

Have tried 7-8 various scripts of those I have been using regularly before, but none of them is working unfortunately: Seems there were a lot of changes in in this latest series patches (and also the warning about scripting in the UO News) might indicate that UO is trying to kill the scripting or at least make it more difficult?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I think that whatever Cheffe did to try to fix #journal may have broke his EUO. I recompiled just updating the addresses and it works fine, although I still don't have sysmsg working as I don't have the scanstring for it :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:53 pm 
Developer
Developer

Sometimes (as in always) you guys think too much in terms of scripts. Sure, I get it, it doesn't work. Helpful would be testing something like...

And then maybe "scanjournal 2" and see if that works. Just maybe.

I'm not going to download some 1000 line script I've never used before and try to see from that where the problem is. An engineer will always try to isolate a problem or break it down into the smallest possible piece.

Didn't finditem work before? You sure it's just sysmsg and journal? Also in other news, I can't just tell you the addresses. The code has changed too and the structures. Otherwise it would've been updated a lot faster. I'm not spending time on handing out addresses before EUO is running again. I've barely had time this week to look into anything at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:44 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Cheffe wrote:
Sometimes (as in always) you guys think too much in terms of scripts. Sure, I get it, it doesn't work. Helpful would be testing something like...

And then maybe "scanjournal 2" and see if that works. Just maybe.

I'm not going to download some 1000 line script I've never used before and try to see from that where the problem is. An engineer will always try to isolate a problem or break it down into the smallest possible piece.

Didn't finditem work before? You sure it's just sysmsg and journal? Also in other news, I can't just tell you the addresses. The code has changed too and the structures. Otherwise it would've been updated a lot faster. I'm not spending time on handing out addresses before EUO is running again. I've barely had time this week to look into anything at all.

I understand. That said, scanjournal does work. I think maybe something else that you changed broke it. It's like EUO isn't able to talk to the client, just read the client. Not sure how to describe it. I think everything is working as far as functions within EUO, it just can't relay those commands to the client for some reason in the build you put out.

event and exevent are not working. Tested with small scripts

1. event macro 1 0 test

and

1. wait 10

finditem does seem to find the itemid, but no interaction with the client occurs.

Back to my never ending search for #sysmsg and #journal :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 am 
Developer
Developer

Hmmm, maybe something trivial then. The varlist must be wrong. Don't really have time now but it should be quick.

Comes back 30min later. :(

Well, anyway, does it work now?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 am 
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter

Groups:
looks good now thx a lot, Wochenende is gerettet :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:36 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Cheffe wrote:
Hmmm, maybe something trivial then. The varlist must be wrong. Don't really have time now but it should be quick.

Comes back 30min later. :(

Well, anyway, does it work now?

All seems well :D Thank you again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next