Total players online: 3

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PvP whats it to you ?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:22 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

My question to you is what does pvp mean to you? have you ever pvp'ed before? If so what made you continue fighting? was it the thrill of watching your opponent die? or was it something you did to fit in ? if so did you end up liking it? or does pvp not appeal to you? why ? is it just not amusing to throw spells or hit people with maces or swords to you? or has it been something you'd like to learn how to do but you dont know how to start? do you need advice but just not willing to ask?

I'll tell you what pvp means to me. PvP is what i grew into the game playing.
I started alexandria somewhere near 5 years ago and started with a suit that would make the "new player suit" look decent. I was luvs son and i tried my best to hang with them even though i couldnt do spawns like they could. i mean i started when archers where grand templates for spawns and i was mearly a necro mage with 110 magery and like 100 eval. Even though i was a noob god so to speak i still went to this o/c fight that was being held out of fel yew moongate. most of the pvp side at the time where dexxers. the opposing team was mages so i spammed flame strikes on the order players just to help the best of my ability. i cant remember the outcome of that battle but thats my start to pvp. i started asking my mom for a pvp suit. sure enough she set me up with a mage scheme suit and i couldnt of been happier. sure i sucked at first but i grew over time. look at where i am now. I am proud to say i can hold my own.

Now whats your Story?
share it please i'd like to hear it all
order and chaos as well
i want You to tell your story

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:19 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Do you actually pvp or have scripts do 75-100% of it for you? Anything beyond a simple heal/chug script and your a nub. If not grats. Is order/chaos back up and running or still dead? I could go for some running street fights.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:06 am 
Ancient Scripter
Ancient Scripter

ghostman wrote:
Do you actually pvp or have scripts do 75-100% of it for you? Is order/chaos back up and running or still dead?.

Alexandria is the Offical Easyuo freeshard, good code happens here.

The code is only a part of PvP. Quite a bit is old code, only the logic adapts.

It takes a great deal of time to acquire a suit and spellbook/weapon to effectively win fights.

ghostman wrote:
anything beyond a simple heal/chug script and your a nub.

If I gave a nub uber code she/he would still have a crappy suit and die.

o/C is still available but we would rather just kill you at a spawn without points.

P.S. I have not quit yet.

ximan 'Command/method to launch a child script thread and initiate atomic communication with it.'
Cannibal (regarding Axia)'you come off as a tool'
Scotch Tape 'mabey if you just send us a picture of your chest, with your shirt off...'

http://www.darksoul7.com/
http://godisimaginary.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:04 am 
Alexandria Staff
Alexandria Staff

Please stay on topic as to the original post. If this turns into a name calling thread about scripts and all of that, it will be locked.

Fair warning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:40 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
I am a complete pvp noob. I know nothing at all about how or where to get started. No idea how to set macros for pvp. Have thought about trying to stick it out and teach myself it is just insane trying to figure out what to do. I have been around the shard for awhile. Just not much fun constantly dying to everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 am 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Nicholas wrote:
Please stay on topic as to the original post. If this turns into a name calling thread about scripts and all of that, it will be locked.

Fair warning.

Fair enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:25 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

catch2223 wrote:
I am a complete pvp noob. I know nothing at all about how or where to get started. No idea how to set macros for pvp. Have thought about trying to stick it out and teach myself it is just insane trying to figure out what to do. I have been around the shard for awhile. Just not much fun constantly dying to everyone else.

It's not insane, it's how we all got good! I used to get destroyed by people who then couldn't touch me once I got better. Learn from experience and ask the vets for help, if you approach them with a good attitude they will help.

PVP to me is, or should I say was to me, the whole reason to play UO! The "endgame" as it were. But those days have been past for a while now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

sslaff wrote:
catch2223 wrote:

It's not insane, it's how we all got good! I used to get destroyed by people who then couldn't touch me once I got better. Learn from experience and ask the vets for help, if you approach them with a good attitude they will help.

PVP to me is, or should I say was to me, the whole reason to play UO! The "endgame" as it were. But those days have been past for a while now!

thanks Slaff your the first to say what pvp means to you......

and at ghostman.... ive based my entire pvp time on being the best MAGE pvper i can. i havnt fought with pots in a long time. besides theres a great script out there for mages/dexxers open to everyone to use.. flood came out with a great script that is beyond any pvp script ive seen to chug and heal. so the not using scripts BS is all on you. learn to adapt my freind till then best of luck to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:23 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
Alrighty then. I'll see if I can dig up some old friends. Should be fun. Give us a week or two. Should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:33 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
There a few order floating around again.

PvP started for me as a 10 yearold, I picked up UO:R at a grocery store for 9.99.. Being too young to understand what a monthly subscription was I purchased a new 9.99 copy every month for a year. Lol! Finally, when I grew older I started pvping. My first char was a warrior with blacksmithy! It was a sight to see..

As Sslaf said, I asked around for some vets, got into a guild and went from there. 22 yearsold now and still can't seem to stay away from this bad girlfriend that is UO. The PvP does not compare to any other game I have ever picked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:40 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Would love to learn from the masters. Might be fun to be able to hold my own for a change. Any suggestions for a pvp noob that wants to learn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:05 pm 
Master Scripter
Master Scripter

I pvp when I need to, Ive got to the point in my career....its what ever comes along. I don't mind loosing and winning now and then is nice. But Ive come to accept its all a part of the game. I never have been or ever will be a dueling person.....I do like to think I make decent help in a group situation. I have no trouble playing a healer with a ton of defense letting the other guys have all the fun. Its a stupid game that crashes a bunch that I am unable to not log into......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm 
Grandmaster Scripter
Grandmaster Scripter

Groups:
catch2223 wrote:
Would love to learn from the masters. Might be fun to be able to hold my own for a change. Any suggestions for a pvp noob that wants to learn?

2 things. Your build and your suit. Suit needs the stats to match your build. HCI/DCI-I cannot tell you how important it is to max them (45). Survivabilty is important too. A good chug/bandy script goes a long ways as well. OH-magic resist bare minimum 100. I use 120 myself but 100 at least. Your build should have good combos because if you cant close the deal opponents just heal up. Thats a start. A good starter pvp build is stealth archer-hide/stealth/archery/anat/heal/tactics and resist. Use a good LMC suit with lots of mana regen (and 45 hci). Pop a couple AI's and if opponents still up run and hide :0. Its a start-good luck.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:44 pm 
Script Scribe
Script Scribe

Groups:
where to begin........pvp for me has never been about winning or losing it was the exciment. when i first started (no clue what i was doing )i found a red gate not knowing what it was i went through and found my self in the middle of a guild war. it was like wow i am going to die so i did what any noob did i ran of course that didn't help and was killed quick but just from that little exciment my hands were shaking adrenalin rushing it was just unbelievable. now here on alexandria i get to play with some major pvprs and yea i still die quick but that exciment is still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Groups:
I never PvP'd before Lexia, and I started here because I was bored. Me and a couple of friends from the game decided to become PKs, so we made new characters and tried to keep them secret. I think my first victim was Sslaff, but I may be wrong. I was never a great PK/PvP'r, but I had fun. Always played a Dexxer, the lag between my brain and my keyboard is to great to play a mage.

My connection is worse than dial up at the moment, and will remain so for the immediate future (1 or 2 years). So my PvP/PK days are over.