Total players online: 12

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Cannot start EasyUO?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:05 am 
Administrator
Administrator

/BEGIN CEO EDIT:

This thread had been locked. Mods can still merge posts into it.

ANYONE asking these questions from now on the Mods WILL give them an automatic warning.

The same goes for PMs or emails, it's just rather annoying. We shouldn't even have to bothering with this considering the answers are clearly on that page and all you need to do is READ.

*turns the key*

To learn more about this board please Take the Tour of the board and read the FAQs.
To learn more about EasyUO and how to script visit the Tutorial's Forumand the EasyUO Documentation link.
Additional information regarding EasyUO and common questions can be found in the EasyUO FAQ.

Thank you.

/END

Maybe you noticed: EasyUO asks you some questions.

Answer these correctly or you wont be able to use EasyUO!
If you are not able to answer these questions, DO NOT POST about it in the boards.
I will lock such threads immediately with a link to this thread here!

DO NOT PM about!
I will charge every PM i recieve for this topic with a warning from NOW on!

See those questions as a type of exam to gain access to EasyUO...

If you really are stuck with those questioons, Post your questions within the thread here.

Thanks!

Translations:
  • German:
    Frage 1:
    Ist es schlau, von Leuten scripte zu akzeptieren, die du gerade erst im Spiel getroffen hast? (yes/no)
    Frage 2:
    Wenn ein script empfolen wird sollst du: für eine Kopie des scriptes per eMail direkt an dich oder nur den Link auf die easyUO-boards erfragen? (email/link)
  • Danish:
    Spørgsmål 1:
    Er det klogt at bruge scripts som du har fået fra folk du lige har mødt i spillet? (yes/no)
    Spørgsmål 2:
    Hvis nogen anbefaler et script til dig, bør du bede om en kopi per email eller bede om linket til scriptet på easyUO forumet? (email/link)

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

Last edited by Orngrimm on Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
 Post subject: Re: Cannot start EasyUO?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:25 am 

Orn, maybe this should be added to FAQ section. :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Actually, I'm going to delete any new thread that starts up on this topic. If you can't figure out 2 simple questions because you failed to read the text, well..... Enough said...

Send me a Paypal donation!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:05 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Hmm, CEO I do agree with you but i can see someone posting again about it. If you just delete and issue a warning tehy won't know why there getting a warning until you give them one. I think Orn has the right idea. At least they will know why they will be getting deleted or locked. Plus if someone actually does a search on why the problem is, they can be lead to this thread. Just my opinion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

mmorning wrote:
Plus if someone actually does a search on why the problem is, they can be lead to this thread. Just my opinion
lol, like that'll happen. And if they do, they'll get this thread, which is why this one thread stays.

I don't want a bunch of these types of post on the forum(s), they are the pinacal of annoyance that we shouldn't force upon those that figure it out.

All of them so far have been posted because someone failed to read the instructions right in front of them, leap to some silly conclusion, and then post here about it. Then they continue to "try" afterwards and figure out what they did wrong making their original post all that much sillier and wasting our time.

If I see a Valid question/post, like "I don't speak english, what is this" I'd probably allow that. Like this one, which I'm guessing from a few words I recognize is related. The correct answer is right next to the box, and most non-english people do seem to comprehend enough english to figure it out. Probably more so because they probably actually read (or try to) the question.

Send me a Paypal donation!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:34 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I did say IF :). But I see your point. The ones that actually do try to figure out the the answer won't post anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Shall i sticky this thread?

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

klin01
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:09 pm 
I answered *removed* respectively.
The question no longer pops up, but it won't work when I hit play or F9.
I beleive get the answer correct, but it just doesn't work.
On the other hand, the same script runs ok with the previous EUO 1.5x or the latest 1.4x.

Kedrick: Do not post the answers! That rather defeats the purpose of the questions doesn't it?

Mara024
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:47 pm 
I apologize! I misread the second question.

Last edited by Mara024 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:08 pm 
I have no life!
I have no life!

do you ever use anything other than yes or no to answer any questions?

also note that
Quote:
but it won't work when I hit play or F9.

happens when EUO hasn't been updated to match the client version. has nothing to do with the questions.

Last edited by Kedrick Valorite on Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:49 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Hmm i answerd the questions correctly but when i tried to run a script nothing happend... :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:34 am 
I have no life!
I have no life!

kupala wrote:
Hmm i answerd the questions correctly but when i tried to run a script nothing happend... :-(

see this:
Mara024 wrote:
I apologize! I misread the second question.

:?:

read the questions, that's why thier there. The answers too the two simple questions are designed to trip you up if you don't read the questions, so all you guys are doing is proving how much we need this thing in the first place.

Last edited by Kedrick Valorite on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 am 
Thank you got it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next