Total players online: 0

Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

i have 5 clients running on msi predator laptop with easy uo not crashing once. last night it was crash city. im hoping it will somehow have settled on desktops as well and will run smooth. scripty probably right its something im not doing right or a setting but i dunno i havent done anything different than the normal update. i blame windows 10 forced updates for everything lately. just weird how its working great then all of the sudden white screen. uo without is easyuo is no uo at all..

i took a break though for an hour came back to accounts open tried to load a third with ezuo and crash city :cry:

i tried this loading up all the uo accounts you want play say 4, then loading up 4 separate ezuo and assigning the appropriate char name then loading script . so you have 4 uo open 4 ez uo open each with assigned name then hitting play one at a time ...

(as opposed to loading one client and one ezuo at a time. it has something to do with the name read bounce back to correct name crash once hitting play)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 am 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

I am also experiencing the same thing. For example I used to run 5 TM autofish now can only run one as the others will crash. I am in CC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:48 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Scripty wrote:
Everyone having problems with scripts crashing, post a little code, and the script name and version you are running. That might help, then I can run those scripts and try to help debug your problem. You can also put event sysmessage %subName at the top of every sub and when the script crashes, look in your journal for the sub name it crashed in, and post that. That would help a ton.

Hey Scripty,

Im running EasyUO 1.6.0.330, Classic Client v7.0.65.4 (both with and without UO assist).. and the script im using (well trying to use multiply) is Spewyrunebookmining.

I can set up one client perfectly and it works like a dream. However when i open a 2nd instance of EUO, set up the script etc, it causes both (weirdly) client's of UO to crash.. It freezes then my clients give me the (is not responding) message.

its a strange one..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Not one person has done what I asked a few posts back to try to debug this... if you guys want help, follow instructions. ;)

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 am 
Developer
Developer

I just wish someone would come along and present something reproducible. You're aware that I have not played UO in 15 years. So I have no character, I have no house, I have no boat, I have no scripts that I run regularly. I have no gold, I have no equipment. What I have is a client, EUO and a free test account.

That I would love to see is something along the line of:

- Open two UO clients
- Load script1 in EUO1 that is connected to client1
- Load script2 in EUO2 that is connected to client2
- Press play on both
- Both clients should crash

Preferably, script1 and script2 are very small scripts, ideally just a few lines that do the things that cause the problem. So I don't have to sift out 100,000,000 lines of irrelevant code.

Preferably, the problem is reproducible, so that everyone on this forum who follows the above steps can say "Yes, I can observe this too". I know this is asking a lot, but this is how stuff gets fixed in general. Not just here.

I believe you that there is a problem. We've heard times and times again that it has something to do with multiple clients. What I don't know if it's a problem in general or connected to something the script does and if yes, what parts of the script cause it.

I can look into EUO in general and try to find a problem. This will take me some time and may be successful or not. What I will NOT do is start playing UO again and use your favourite scripts.

What would really help is a way that makes my client crash, too. So a method, script or description that if followed makes it easy for me to see the problem. So then I can start tinkering with the code and see if I can make the problem go away. Reproducibility is the topmost requirement that gets bugs fixed in IT in general.

So, go get me some steps to follow that will blow up my client.

I guess this will require someone who can reproduce the problem AND knows how to script.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:26 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Broady123 wrote:
Scripty wrote:
Everyone having problems with scripts crashing, post a little code, and the script name and version you are running. That might help, then I can run those scripts and try to help debug your problem. You can also put event sysmessage %subName at the top of every sub and when the script crashes, look in your journal for the sub name it crashed in, and post that. That would help a ton.

Hey Scripty,

Im running EasyUO 1.6.0.330, Classic Client v7.0.65.4 (both with and without UO assist).. and the script im using (well trying to use multiply) is Spewyrunebookmining.

I can set up one client perfectly and it works like a dream. However when i open a 2nd instance of EUO, set up the script etc, it causes both (weirdly) client's of UO to crash.. It freezes then my clients give me the (is not responding) message.

its a strange one..

I regularly run 5 clients mining on the same computer, I don't use spewyrunebook mining but I'm familiar with the script. I thought I'd try it out, so I set the script up yesterday to see if I could reproduce the issue. I set up Spewys script to run on all 5 characters and I left my pc, hoping one would crash. It's now been 24 hours and none of them have crashed.

I'm beginning to think this isn't a problem with EUO it self and a problem with peoples systems. Maybe a rogue update on Windows update did something or maybe they have something strange installed. It seems to be limited to only 3-4 people here on the forums.

As Cheffe has said, debugging this is going to be difficult with the very little information we have, but I truly think it's not an EUO problem.

One person in my discord said that reinstalling UO fixed his problem, might be worth a try.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 am 
Developer
Developer

I'll try to look into the issue on the weekend and shuffle around some code. Some changes have indeed been introduced in the last build so it's not entirely unreasonable to suggest something needs fixing that worked before.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:27 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

What I have noticed so far, is that on a multiple client setup, 3+, sometimes, one of the clients will "pause" for a good long while. The menu will stop functioning, all the menu items disappear, but the script continues to execute for all the clients but the one, then that one just "pops" back into order and doesn't happen again. Usually happens within a minute of starting the script initially. I could see how on an older, slower computer, people might mistake it for a "crash." But for me, it just happens for a second, and continues without pause after. Sometimes though it will happen randomly during execution. Like if I'm sitting for a while, it will happen at the start, then happen again when I start really using the script. But never happens for more than like 5-10 seconds, then goes right back to normal use. If someone were on a much lower end pc, and that happened... it could be a 20-40 second thing... which would resemble one of the clients being "crashed." It might help if people were to wait it out, and see if it rights itself after a minute or two.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:35 pm 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
truthfully i am not sure this ever worked but

is running openEUO on one client and then EUO on another client supported on same pc

if it was before that cause my UO client to hang

running my Open EUO mining script and any other script in EUO at same time

not a big deal for me just curious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

What you're probly doing is running scripts that aren't compatible with each other. Like an attack script, and a gather script. Or something silly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Soon as you hit play on script it crashes client..Single or multiple doesn't matter...Sometimes i can get lucky sometimes and reboot computer and be able run one script but not two.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:51 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
i just recently switched from W7 to W10 is there anything i need to do different in W10 to keep from crashing? I think i should stayed with W7 never had any problems until switched to W10. Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Maybe try running everything as admin, and setting it all to be compatible with windows 7 in options. Try that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:29 am 
Script Kiddie
Script Kiddie

Groups:
Thx for the feedback Scripty..but ya no go still crashing..might try fresh install of UO, but really doubt the issue is there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

In my experience, and I've helped hundreds of people with euo/uo problems... it's 99.9% of the time something annoyingly easy that I would fix in 10 seconds on my machine, but that 99.9% of people can't seem to figure out on their own. I'm not saying that to be mean, but the majority of people are using euo just fine. So it almost has to be that... Cheffe has hinted at changes though, so until someone posts some code, or something that can be used to diagnose your problems specifically, it's pretty low on my radar of things to worry about...