Take the Tour | Site Map

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Blacksmith Scripts
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Guys I am 45. I am in IT. I had a player killer about 6 months ago GROOM my wife in the game. She left me for him and eventually he sent her packing. Essentially this guy took PK to the real world. We are back together. We also came back into the game he has spent WEEKS attempting to get us to quit Ultima. We are HELL bent we are not leaving UO. I deleted all of my toons that I had for over 20 years. I did this before I realized everything i just shared. I am begging you all that are here and read this and I am willing to pay someone to help me. Every single Blacksmith script I try to use crashes Ultima. I am totally serious and looking for someone who will work with me pls.

Post subject: Re: Blacksmith Scripts
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Tried viewtopic.php?p=45008#45008 ?
CEO's scripts usualy work flawlessly...

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)
Quote "dreyfus": #true is always #true

ProfileShow poster's scripts in the public script library 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I think we need a poll. Best excuse to get scripts ever? Yes or no?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Ok, so after reading all 6 of your other posts, my initial thought is, you're on a free shard. Most scripts here are written for OSI shards. So you're not going to have much success here getting scripts to work without some effort. Maybe see if there's a message board where someone scripts on your freeshard and posts scripts that work there. Or try to pay someone to write you a script or two for ABCUO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Scripty wrote:
Ok, so after reading all 6 of your other posts, my initial thought is, you're on a free shard. Most scripts here are written for OSI shards. So you're not going to have much success here getting scripts to work without some effort. Maybe see if there's a message board where someone scripts on your freeshard and posts scripts that work there. Or try to pay someone to write you a script or two for ABCUO.

No my friend. I did at one time play on ABCUO however, when Ultima brought out Endless Journey I renewed my accounts and paid for them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:52 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
Orngrimm wrote:
Tried http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45008#45008 ?
CEO's scripts usualy work flawlessly...

Yes it loads up ,but it will cause the game client to freeze up. Ive seen it freeze the game client when I use Guadahs Multiskill Trainer v3.2.5 but with that one I can just restart stuff and get it working. Oh and FYI I am on the Great Lakes server.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
So this evening I load the script it runs. When I closed it and restarted it froze up and I had to restart it several times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
If you pause the script, is it always in the same loop when it seems to freeze?

What versions of EUO and the UO client are you using?

Gaderian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds more like a problem in PC/OS/tools than problematic script...

Quote "mmorning": Where would theses boards be if Orn didn't miss all the sarcasm. Man its great having him here :)
Quote "author-unknown": Good idea. I gotta start doing that too. You're a trendsetter Orn. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
i build my own machines and work in IT just not a scriptor. It always locks up at the start when getting backpack id does it on laptop and desktop.
but open to reasons why it could be pc / hardware auroa desktop board

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:39 am 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

Sounds like that IT career isn't helping much my friend. ;) Maybe you should heed my advice and learn a little scripting. There's a TON of scripts on this site, that ALMOST work, and just need a little TLC to work in your specific use case scenario. With a little research, you'd already have gotten them working.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You ARE running EUO with admin-right, do you?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 am 
Adept Scripter
Adept Scripter

Groups:
This locking up on the CEO craft scripts ... is a symptom I have had before. I do not remember details about why it does this, or if I ever bothered to figure it out. If memory serves, I had to either stop it and restart it, or in some cases, close EUO (not necessarily close the game client), reopen EUO (with admin rights, as Orn said), then reload the script and start it again. Since the restart worked, I never investigated deeper. The craft for skill gain scripts I only care about getting these functional to get my skill gain. After that I must admit that I do not go back to try to fix much. ;)

You mentioned similar results that by restarting it, it functions sometimes. Probably a lag/timing issue is the real culprit during startup. This is why I asked about where it is hanging up. If you really want to make it work dependably, this is the first step. Pause the script, loop through to see what it is doing when it 'freezes' and report it in the thread where the script is from. That is a guaranteed way to get more assistance - at least from me. :)

Gaderian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:36 pm 
Apprentice Scripter
Apprentice Scripter

Groups:
That is exactly what is happening. I actually in college did a little programming ,but stopped ,because it was not for me. I am running easyuo with admin. I find this board refreshing people are honest and people could easily get angry and never get answers they look for becuase of the brutal honesty :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 pm 
Legendary Scripter
Legendary Scripter

I've never once had a CEO script not work or crash. You've got other things going on. EasyUO has never really crashed for me either. It locks up occasionally because I push what's ok to the limit, but blue screens and crashes shouldn't be happening. And you seem to be the only person reporting it out of a lot of people who use it daily. You'll have to diagnose what's going better than "it's crashing." Post the code snippet that's causing it. It's probly something silly like an old command that's not supported and doing something wonky. Who knows. I gave up ages ago trying to diagnose when 1 person is having an issue. It's too hard to worry about the 1 or 2 people that have issues when there's thousands not. You have to do more leg work here. If this is a mining script, maybe it has to do with that. Init events? Doesn't that lock up scripts if you don't have the mul files? Oh it's a blacksmith script? Huh. Not sure then.